Things I learned on the BSD, end Week 6 [ -20 lbs]

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jackie WilsonSaid
    on

1. Weight loss 3.5 lbs for the week, and 20.5 lbs overall.
    2. Visceral fat confirmed as 13%, down from 15% at the start.
    3. Mood enhancement continues, apparently due to rising levels of BDNF, Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor.
    It has a protective effect on the brain vs. Alzheimer’s, suppresses anxiety and elevates mood.
    4. Energy levels remain high, including the 3 exercise days which take up 800 to 1000 calories [I sneak a few extra].
    Accomplishing many tasks, some of which have been on my ‘to do ‘ list for years.

5. Obligatory Mindfulness plug:
    Did Week 4 of the MBSR on-line course this week, which focused on stress and how to deal with it through meditation and yoga.
    Meditation has become a habit again, which is one of the things I wanted to achieve.

A free course can be started anytime on-line, but would help those on BSD and 5:2 and beyond, since much mindfulness is needed for calorie restriction. Why not start on Monday?

http://palousemindfulness.com

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi JackieWilsonSaid,

Things I learned on the BSD…….BDNF….thanks for listing it, I’m going to research it and add it to my list!

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Jackie WilsonSaid
    Your doing well. Thanks for the MBSR info. Looks a do’er & interesting, think I’ll give it a go. Ta

• posted by Jackie WilsonSaid
    on

Eureka,
    Thanks. You can tell I’m a fan of mindfulness and am intrigued as to how well it fits with BSD.
    The on-line MBSR resource is stunning; it must have taken lots of work and dedication to pull all that info together and it references some of the best [American] sources. Give it a go if you like structure, or if not just dip into some of the meditation audio or yoga videos. Don’t be put off by the long Kabat Zinn Google lecture in Week 1. He’s the go to guru on MBSR but that particular talk is a bit dull.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Jackie WilsonSaid
    Good info. Ta. Am doing all sorts of things I wouldn’t normally do. It’s woken my brain & body up again ( about time).
    I don’t Twitter & Face book etc ( thought some of the stuff I’d heard about too nasty). But this is a positive, helpful & all embracing forum that has not changed its ideals since I first took the plunge on day one of it’s inception. My aim was/is to give sound info & sources of knowledge. We all want the same thing – Diabetes Reversal & good health. Make it so 🖖🏻

Please log in or register to post a reply.