Things I learned on the BSD, end Week 5 [ -17lbs]

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jackie WilsonSaid
    on

1. A mere 1lb weight loss for the week, but perhaps more muscle due to exercise? more hydrated, who knows?
    2. But feeling great and visceral fat maybe tipped into the 13% level down from 15% at the start. Need more readings to confirm as it went back to 14% as I celebrated, but waist is 4″ less and clothes becoming a pleasure again.
    3. On trend with chia seeds. Lidl sell them for £2.49 a pack whereas Holland and Barrett ask £4.50 with a smile, after discount.
    4. Helmsley and Helmsley C4 8pm Mondays have some tasty recipes. Their buckwheat/almond flour/cauli pizza base is light and tasty. Their heuvos rancheros with guacamole is stunning, though undercooked for my tastes – peppers/tomatoes need more time.

5. Obligatory Mindfulness plug :
    I’m starting week 4 of the on-line [Palouse] Mindfulness course to complement BSD. Last week was introduced to Mindful Yoga to alternate with meditation. This week all about mindfulness as an antidote to the stress response triggered by modern life.

To anyone tempted to try Mindfulness: the course is easy, free, educational, secular and eminently practical, being based on simple breathing awareness. You just have to start, as with BSD.
    http://palousemindfulness.com/index.html

Please log in or register to post a reply.