The 'no carb ploughman's' calories

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Keir
    on

I’m just getting lunch ready for tomorrow and was weighing out to see if the book is close to my estimates. But, when I am preparing for this lunch on day 2 it says the whole thing is 290 calories. However, myfitnesspal has said that 48g (Small handful) of walnuts is 340 calories!!!! VERY confused ๐Ÿ˜. What has everybody else done? Thanks. I don’t want to mess up by a few walnuts!!

• posted by gateofheaven
    on

Walnuts are very high in calories. About 13 calories for 1/2 walnut. However, they are a good fat and help me feel satisfied longer. I weigh them out to be sure of the calories! 10 grams are 65 calories.

• posted by GrumptoGlam
    on

Gosh that’s a big difference for a 800 cal day! Lol. I found that the myfitness pal has a range of options as they are imputed by numerous people. One says 6 walnut halves = 112 calories and another says 28g =190. I think You can input the numbers from the packet into myfitnesspal yourself so you are getting an accurate reading for your particular brand/packet.
    Good luck x

• posted by NewDieter
    on

I’ve found several errors in the book’s calorie counts, including another nut related one which was miles off.

• posted by Arran Granny
    on

Scan the packet into your app. or input the information manually

• posted by emmajaneholder
    on

I found the same thing so I left the walnuts out ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by gateofheaven
    on

I use calorieking,com and they say 48 grams is 313 calories, which is what i have been going by. After the posts I checked google for other sources and found 3 that agreed with 313 per ounce or 48 grams. I find that if i don’t add them to my smoothies I’m hungry within a short time. With them, content for many hours. One could always go with the highest estimate to be safe. Consternation!

• posted by Cazzowary
    on

If you’re not sure about calories, a good place to find accurate counts is the USDA nutritional database (American)

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search

It’s what I use when MFP has too many variants.

• posted by gateofheaven
    on

What a wonderful resource, Cazzowary, thank you!

• posted by Cazzowary
    on

My pleasure- hope you find it useful ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Keir
    on

Brilliant thank you for that

• posted by LifeChange
    on

Try this combo:

25g Cheese
    60g Ham
    10g walnuts
    10g chutney

This is the closest I can get to 290 calories.

Please log in or register to post a reply.