The night before the BSD starts for me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nat
    on

Hi, the book has been read, the cupboards have been emptied and restocked with healthy recommended options, and I feel ready to get started. No sign of diabetes but have a fair few lbs to lose. Exercise regularly, about 5 times a week, so this could be interesting . Can’t wait to start seeing the results, from what I have read on the forum it won’t take long. N

• posted by Holoso
    on

Good luck to you. I have just done my first day, so hope yours goes well tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi nat,
    Good luck tomorrow, please write all about it as I start on Saturday. I too, have prepared, increasing my steps.
    Do you have a menu sorted yet?
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

You’re well prepared Nat, now go for it.
    This time next week you will be a happy bunny (mustn’t use that phrase at the end of the month)
    It’s nice to see how the new starters are starting to team up with each other and Lucia is already proving to be a great poster, that kind of support really does make a difference if you have a wobble along the way.
    Best of luck to you two and everyone elsr starting the journey this week.

• posted by Nat
    on

Hi, thanks all for your messages of luck, encouragement. I have never used a forum before but I can see the benefit of this already, we can certainly support each other along the way. A good start with a lovely breakfast (yoghurt, apple, mango and hazlenuts), it seems a surprisingly large portion. I think my biggest challenge today may well be the steps. I am working from home, which is small, and as I have been meeting the 10k steps for more than 6 months now I have decided to increase this to 14k. Good luck everyone. We can do this. N

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great to hear you are off to a good start Nat. Make good use of the forums, as there is a lot of information and support out there. It’s really helped me – in week 2 I hit a plateau and found it really hard to stay positive and motivated, but the forum posts have helped to carry me through.

Hope you and all the others starting now, will soon be seeing results. Good Luck to you all!

• posted by susieb
    on

Hi, Nat and everyone else. I have taken the plunge and started today too! Like you, I am not diabetic (or pre-diabetic as far as I know) but I have a 44inch belly so could be heading that way! I look 9 months pregnant (with a gestation period of an elephant BTW). I have 3 stone to lose and I, too, have spent years being brain-washed by the low-fat brigade, but now I am the biggest I have ever been.

I have read the BSD book and have been avidly reading these forums and seeing how wonderful you all are, getting really inspired by your successes and super-excited to start.
    I had been in a bit of a dilemma as whether to start now or not as I go away on a river cruise (where the food is meant to be amazing) in 3 weeks time. But, I figure, it’s better to start now for a boost (and hopefully my dresses would fit a little better and I won’t feel so self-conscious on holiday), otherwise I might just get back from the cruise in an even worse place.

So, here I am, and looking forward to getting to know you all.

xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi susieb

I think there is always a reason to hold off on these things – an upcoming holiday/birthday/family get together etc. ect. ect. – tomorrow never comes! Better to start now and drop a few pounds and I think you will find that in the three weeks, your eating habits and appetite will be altered, so that you will automatically eat differently while you are away.

I am three weeks in (almost), have two meals out happening this w/e, a celebration for my daughter’s birthday next w/e and I go on holiday early April. However, as this is not just a diet, but is also about changing your eating habits from here on in, there was no good reason to postpone starting the diet when I did. Already, I find I don’t have the appetite I did before, I don’t get desperately hungry and need snacks, I don’t want sweet stuff anymore and 800 of the right calories is quite sustaining. So in three weeks time, you too could be looking at this transformation for yourself and be several pounds lighter too.

So go for it – take the bull by the horns and make that change!

• posted by Nat
    on

I agree, trying to find an 8 week window with nothing in the diary is impossible. I am hoping that after the first week, where I have cleared my diary, I will be feeling the benefits and not want to ruin the results when out and about. Fingers crossed.

I hope everyone else starting today is successful and those that are already into the program continue with their amazing work.

N

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Nat, it really does become easier and you learn what you can have and stay in the diet. If you are going to a restaurant could you look at their menu in advance so you can select without the pressure and do not be afraid to give the chef specific instructions about what you want. If you are eating at a friends that could be more difficult, lol ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Susieb – everything SunnyB says!!!! Just do it, in three weeks time you won’t have the hunger pangs so will find it easier when you are on your hols – and your clothes will fit better!!! If you don’t start now you will only have even more weight to shift when you get back from your hols, how depressing would that be?
    Just start! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Great Nat – a good start with a luscious breakfast ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by susieb
    on

Thank you, you’re all absolutely right, of course! I would really kick myself in 3 weeks if I hadn’t made a dent in my weight loss efforts now. Nat, you’re right, there’s never a perfect clear window. Good luck with your BSD for week 1!

Please log in or register to post a reply.