The Frog Diet

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Frog you’ve done so well avoiding the hi carb nibbles!

it’s great to feel clothes getting looser isn’t it? Perhaps it is time for shopping.

• posted by Frog
    on

I’m trying not to buy too many new clothes – I know that I have so many in my lock up storage unit that I need to retrieve – certainly lots of size 18’s – and probably 16s, although I did go into a big Sainsburys yesterdays, and bought a pair of work trousers that were reduced to ยฃ3!
    As with the thread on the ‘jeans window’; the other week, stuff doesn’t actually fit for too long, so I’m trying not to buy stuff until I’m my target size 12 – and I know there won’t be any of those lurking anywhere!
    The other week I found a brilliant pair of M&S jeans that I used to love. Leaving aside that the leg shape is a bit dated, they fitted brilliantly when I first found them – they’re not yet in the too loose category, but definitely going that way.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Go Frog!! I love it when clothes start to get loose! Wonderful affirmation!

• posted by Izzy
    on

In some ways my slower losses means clothes fit for longer lol. I have a big pile of 12 and 14 to move down into as I go. It will be like christmas when you get into your storage if you are anything like me – finding things you forgot you had!

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi
    I’ve not logged in for ages – I decided I needed to spend less time in front of my laptop and get more active!
    Few slip ups, but noting major, I’ve lost around 10 kilos altogether – bit of a plateau at the moment, but a couple of parties, too many glasses of wine!
    Almost at the end of the eight weeks – but planning to keep on with it until I’ve lost a lot more.
    Hope that everyone is well

• posted by Frog
    on

One way to get super skinny very quickly!

I had a cartoon drawn of me at a party – and I’m super skinny!
    I do quite like it – but interesting that where a cartoonist accentuates the sitters’ most obvious features, nothing about the cartoon is “fat”.
    Amazing!

• posted by Frog
    on

Just did two month measurements – at one month, I’d lost pretty much two inches everywhere – now its more targeted
    bust -3.50
    under bust-2.50
    waist-6.00
    thighs-4.00
    upper leg-2.25
    right calf -1.25
    left calf-1.50

I picked up another pair of trousers yesterday that I was pleased to fit into at around week three or four, but when I tried them on are now huge and past their window!

• posted by LACali21
    on

Awesome results Frog!! 6 inches off your waist!?! That’s awesome. I keep meaning to take measurements and then get busy and forget, this is a good reminder to just do it!

• posted by Frog
    on

Thanks LACal – I set out intending to do it monthly, and missed by a few days this time.
    I try and set as many potential achievements as I can – then I can always be celebrating something! Even when you don’t measure though, you still get the reminder of clothes being too big!

• posted by LACali21
    on

LOL I’m too new to this yet to notice the clothes looseness, but I definitely have some goal clothes that have been sitting there for a few years that I would love to get into. Thanks for being an inspiration. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

they will fit soon, I promise!
    I have a lock up storage unit that has all sizes from 12 to 18 – I’m just a bit concerned that when I get to the size 12s, I’ll find I’ve been paying to store a collection of brightly coloured 80’s power dressing suits with giant shoulder pads

• posted by LACali21
    on

LOL I’m in just about the same boat as you that I have sizes ranging from 12 – 18 that don’t fit right now. I’ve just about made it into those 18s so many time it’s sick. I was a size 12/14 when I got married 13 years ago, so I know there is no power suits but they won’t be the height of fashion right now. LOL But I don’t care, I will wear them with pride if I can just get into them. ๐Ÿ™‚ My short term goal is to get out of the W sizes. I want to wear just a 18 with no W.

• posted by Frog
    on

I had a bad weekend – diet abandoned for a couple of days, put on 1.5k!!! it was stupidly one of those “well I had that, so having X doesnt really matter’ approaches – not very mindful. or sensible
    BUT a couple of sensible days on Monday and Tuessday and I’ve lost that and a bit more, which is encouraging – not that I’m planning to use that as a model going forward.
    – and I’ve lost 10% of my start weight – not ‘nearly’ – actually got there at last.
    No more blips for a while.

• posted by Frog
    on

my pedometer is broken – it had previously survived a 30 degree wash cycle, but the 60 degree one was a bit much.
    It’s had a couple of days sitting in cat litter, and tried a different battery, still very dead.
    I am getting quite good at judging how much I’ve walked (I guess at the end of the day and compare it to the pedometer), but back to amazon for a replacement.

• posted by LACali21
    on

Frog count it as a win that you got back on plan after only 2 days off plan. That’s better than I’ve done in the past of letting it go for a few weeks, or just not getting back on plan. LOL I had to laugh about putting it in kitty litter, I have not heard that one before. ๐Ÿ™‚ RIP pedometer. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi LACali21
    the silica cat litter is supposed to be good for drying out phones, other electrical stuff – but it could be an urban myth!
    Cookery club tonight, but its usually mostly healthy-ish food – fingers crossed!

• posted by LACali21
    on

I’ve had to resist 2 cake occasions today alone at work. One for a celebration, another a workmate brought in some ethnic cake for us all to try. After my weigh in this morning I was able to resist. You can too!!

• posted by Frog
    on

well done on resisting cake LACali21!
    Cookery club went fairly well – I passed on noodles, and just had stir fried vegtables with duck, but as I’d been asked to make the desert, I wanted to try it, but mostly stuck to the baked apricots & left the batter (it was an apricot clafoutis)

Whenever I’ve made stir fry at home, I haven’t liked it much – I think I’ve been using too much oil.
    Last night we used water more than oil after the initial slug, so the vegetables were more steamed than fried – very nice. It included spring cabbage mostly cut into quarters rather than shredded, which were really good.

• posted by LACali21
    on

Frog nice job on the club eating. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve never heard of a clafoutis before, but that looks good (I had to google it LOL). I love eating stirfries because they can be low cal and low carb. ๐Ÿ™‚ My grandparents lived in Hong Kong for a few years though and Grandma made stir fries that she learned while they lived there, so I got to learn from her. We use a bit of oil but then you usually cover it to steam it at the end.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

You could download the pacer app if you have an iPhone, I use it, and it’s very accurate.

• posted by michaelmas daisy
    on

Summer sales…. I’m looking forward to being comfortably back into my own size but am not yet. Actually, I’m back to another attempt to eat ‘low carb Mediterranean’ as an everyday way of life, with some ‘no starchy carbs days’. I had some success when I first tried it early this year, had more energy and ‘zip’, a waistline, and better skin all over – and then got into bad habits and was rather haphazard, so now I’m trying again. But both my husband and I have experienced some of the effects/benefits of a different approach to food and exercise, so that’s encouraging!

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi greenjanet – yes, I’ve not got into apps on my phone yet! I know that’s rather luddite – I did have a look when I went away recently and forgot my pedometer, so I might look at that again (I have a motorola rather than an iPhone)

Good Luck with your second attempt Michaelmas Daisy! Oddly, I usually have pretty good skin, but I’ve had lots of spotty outbreaks since I started BSD – I had a facial the other day, which seems to have help it clear up, but I was moaning to the therapist that given the amount of veg and water I’m consuming, I ought to have amazingly perfect skin.
    Maybe it’s the hot weather, and sun cream being gloopier than usual moisturiser.

• posted by LACali21
    on

Frog my skin is also rebelling against the BSD diet. My face is breaking out worse than when I was a teenager. I’m wondering if it’s not some of the toxins from the bad food I was eating coming out?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Think you are right LACali21. I had a similar problem initially, but now several weeks in, my skin is clear and overall, my skin is much less dry and my bottom lip hasn’t cracked in weeks, having been very prone to do so in years gone by.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

FROG my skin and hair are looking better for BSD but ive a funny rash across my chest and veering towards my armpits..very itchy! X

• posted by Frog
    on

ouch – the rash sounds painful Yowzer – have you tried anti histamine to stop the itching?
    Thanks for the encouragement SunnyB – but I’m 9 or 10 weeks in, and I’ve never consumed so much veg or water in my life!
    Oh well, it’s not THAT bad – jut irritating!

There’s a personal training gym nearby that always has giant before and after photo ads, with X lost Y in 12 weeks type of slogan.
    I have considered it in the past, but it’s rumoured to be incredibly expensive, which is kind of backed up by not having any prices on the website, also I’ve never been clear about whether exercise and diet based on normal food, or lots of supplements.
    I read some of the posters when I walked past this evening – claims of 2 stone in 12 weeks, six inches off from someone’s waist in 12 weeks, etc – so good, but no more than people are achieving with BSD.
    So – all that money saved towards new clothes!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yes thanks FROG,have got some cream that does the trick x
    Just means i cant display my decolletage for now ! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

• posted by Frog
    on

My Pedometer has recovered and is working again, hurrah!
    I’d left it on the table, was about to throw it and thought I’d give it one last try, and it sprung in to life again – I think it’s about four days since it went through the hot wash.
    Bit of a panic because I couldn’t find the battery cover at first (cat had helped with that one!) – and now it’s good as new.
    Given that I’ve noticed I’m walking faster, I might recalculate my stride length before I reset it – and enter new weight of course.

Now I’m rethinking my scales again. You know how when you weigh yourself, then try again in case the reading wasn’t accurate?
    Bit p’d off this morning because it went up half a kilo! I was so irritated I tried again and again – they’ve managed to give me readings ranging between 91.9 and 93.5 within half an hour (and no food or drink intake in that period to make changes). Not good.
    Back to study feedback & reviews of bathroom scales on amazon again.
    I wonder if myfitnesspal has the metrics for spending half an hour stepping on and off scales!

• posted by Frog
    on

Wow, he is very majestic, thank you yowzer – it’s lovely to see the one of him playing too; most pictures I’ve seen of bengals are that slightly ‘superior’ above it all look. I must get to the gym now, but will post some more of Froglet later.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks FROG,he is a big SillyBilly Bengal,always doing something funny! He’s always running in with all his fur floofed out, as if some big drama has been going on in Cat World outdoors! We often see him looking out of the bedroom window of the guys who live at the back! And he has a love / hate relationship with Manuel the cat next door..theyre like two teen boys egging each other on to do naughty things.
    Frog,do you make those fab harness jackety things? I wonder if my DD bought one from you? When Ziggy was still a babby really,he broke his pelvis ๐Ÿ™ we were totally traumatised and have no idea how it happened..he just dragged himself back home badly injured…๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข ..spent weeks recovering in a cage..when he first was allowed out of it,we could let him have a little walk on a lead,and i remember my DD sending off his measurements for a leopardy spotty coat..he looked so handsome in it! She may well have ordered it from you! X

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer – no I expect I purchased the jacket from the same woman, I think her name was Maria. I sent her photos of Froglet for the website, I haven’t seen her blue jacket for a long time, she mostly wears red paisley.
    Maria who makes the jackets has bengals herself, and lots of the photos on her site are of bengals wearing the jackets. I tried dog harnesses before I found these, her first one mostly worked, but a second one she wiggled out of straight away and ran off to play hide and seek – I gave it to a woman that I see about from time to time who has a tiny dog, who looks very pretty in it.
    I don’t let Frog out on her own because we’re in central London and next to a busy road, so I carry her to the park in a baby sling, then she gets down and has a wander – fortunately we have a couple of dog free parks nearby, although I still have to pay attention because some people ignore that. Her favorite park is closed for refurbishment at the moment, so I’ve been taking her up to the communal roof garden too – also on a lead as its four floors up.
    There’s a cottage that I rent on a farm in Sussex occasionally, and she loves it there – the last time she disappeared I found her in the sheep’s field.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Awwww FROG thats so sweet taking her out in a baby sling! ๐Ÿ™‚ x

• posted by Frog
    on

Yeah!!
    Freezer sorted and contents logged. After all the prevaricating, I think it only took about half an hour or so.
    – it is only a tiny one on top of the fridge, probably about 2 cubic foot.
    Not too many unidentifiable packets – one bag that could either be meat balls or falafels.
    I threw some precooked rice, vegetables that had been in there a few years, veggie sausages that I bought last year for a barbecue that got rained off, and some cooked chicken or turkey that I hadn’t bagged particularly well and looked a bit gunky.
    Loads of ice gone , things stacked back in a logical order, sorted into fish/meat/poultry – with the mystery falafel/meatball package hovering at the edge of the meat.
    Everything logged & ready to tick off as I use it – I calculate around 50 meals worth, so theoretically I could get though it in a couple of months.

I do have room for the Oppo ice cream when I find some!

now the fridge.

• posted by Frog
    on

Yowzer Froglet not to keen on the baby sling, she mostly prefers just being held and cuddled, or sitting on my shoulder – but that does make it hard to unlock doors, carry water bottles, etc, so we sort of compromise!
    She does like it if she sees a dog she doesn’t like or isn’t too sure of – she hides, then emits a low growl if we’re far enough away for the dog not to hear her.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

FFROG!( sorry this is long…) Sitting on yr shoulder reminds me of a friends cat.he always sat on her shoulder. He went missing one day and didn’t come back ๐Ÿ™
    years later,she was washing dishes and a cat strolled thru the open kitchen door. Jumped up and got on her shoulder! It was her cat back again,older but looking well! If only they could speak..i wd love to know where he had been for so long,and what made him decide to come home!

OhFrog i must tell you another cat story…..! years ago i had an elderly neighbour who lived alone with her cat Sandy. She died one December and we were all concerned about the cat as he was sitting on her window sill and refusing to come into anyones house out of the cold. We all wanted to adopt him if only he would let us.
    I was determined Sandy shd have a warm christmas with all the trimmings. Christmas Eve i went out with a large bag with a zip along the top.Sandy let me pick him up but began fighting when i was putting him in the bag. As i was struggling to fasten the zip,with Sandy trying to leap out,a man passed by and said…
    Why dont you get a turkey like everyone else! ๐Ÿ˜€

Ps Sandy stayed Xmas Eve,Xmas Day and had lots of goodies to eat,but we had to let him out in the end ..
    Story has a happy ending tho..he decided to live with the old lady’s next door neighbour and spent the rest of his days stretched out in front of her fire! X

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Oh I LOVE those stories Yowzer! Nothing like stories with happy endings. The first one is amazing! I wonder what happened to that cat? What an adventure!

• posted by Frog
    on

what lovely stories Yowzer – fortunately I’ve never had a cat go missing – well not for very long anyway!
    scrolling down again I saw the photos of majestic Ziggy – he is soooo handsome.

I washed all of Froglets blankets yesterday – I’ve just got in and she must have been fed up with not having all her mats and blankets in the right place – she jumped up to sit on one while it’s laid across the airer – I rescued her and tried not to laugh at her, but it was funny – she hasn’t hurt herself, thankfully! At least she dint do it and hurt herself while I wasn’t here.

• posted by LACali21
    on

Frog glad that your pedometer made it through another wash. ๐Ÿ™‚ My scale does the same thing. I tried to get another scale and it did the exact same thing. In my head the scale is thinking “you want me to correctly assess that?!?”. LOL Maybe it will be have once I get to a healthier weight? What type of cat do you have?

Yowzer your cat is gorgeous. I’ve always wanted a bengal but they are so expensive here in Canada. My DH and I just adopted a feral maine coon about 2 months ago. He’s a character! We said we wanted quiet and short haired and we got him. He’s very vocal and very long haired. If I could figure out how to post pics on here I would show you guys.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LACALI we LOVE maine coons!
    Do you have a photobucket account? If you have one ( or get one) you can upload yr photos to it
    Then you just choose the pic you want here,and to its right,you’ ll see a list of options
    Copy the one that says Direct Link then just paste that code into the box
    Then press submit and yr pic will appear!
    Wd love to see your cat! Whats his name? X

• posted by LACali21
    on

I’m at work right now, I’ll have to try this out when I get home.

He’s my hubby’s cat and DH is a huge Star Wars fan so our cat’s name is Kylo. He’s soo DH’s cat. I think it’s because DH is more lax with the house rules, but Kylo will sit at the door meowing for DH to come back when he goes out the door. He’s an intelligent cat, but he likes to push the boundaries like any cat does. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’ve always wanted a lynx point siamese or a bengal. Yours is absolutely precious Yowzer. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi LACali21

I’m so happy with my new scales – aside from all the extra stuff, they just measure so consistently, much more motivating! I’ve forgotten how many customer reviews of scales I read though – must be hundreds!
    Maine Coones are gorgeous – is he settling in well?

Froglet is a moggy – tabby and tortoise shell mixed (sometimes abbreviated to tortie)
    https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/375698793885771371/

My cat before Froglet was called Muji – it’s a Japanese store chain here whose name means “no brand” – they were just getting established in the UK in the mid 90’s when Muji was a kitten, and while I was deciding on a name all my friends kept asking what breed she was, hence she became the “no brand” cat. She was lovely, black and white.

• posted by Frog
    on

that one is stunning Yowzer – he looks so peaceful and serene.

• posted by Frog
    on

file:///C:/Users/Donna/Pictures/2016-07/Froglet%20in%20cat%20house%20compressed.jpg

testing!

• posted by Frog
    on

not getting very far – I’ve put the photo in Photobucket, but I can only post the link, not the photo

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Keep going FROG! Youre nearly there..just post the link,and after that press submit and you’ll be all done! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks LACALI and FROG x
    LACALI ..i’ m just his Grammmaw..he belongs to my daughter and he is deffo her cat rather than her hubbys..opposite to Kylo! But i bet KYlo loves his Mommy too…he ‘s probably just so happy to have a forever home now

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

FROG? If youre struggling,maybe try a different pic? A few of my photobucket pics wont stick no matter how i try X

Please log in or register to post a reply.