The 8-week blood sugar diet book

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hippo100
    on

My hubby and I have read Dr Mosley’s book and we were very impressed. Ordered from the Daily Mail bookshop, it arrived within 3 days. We are going to start the 8-week diet on Monday 1st February (usual monthly food shop next weekend). Have already planned what we are having for the next 4 weeks. I’m Type 2 diabetic and need to get my blood sugars down (just over 11 average at present) – no medication taken (my choice). Lost 2 stones over the last 2 years but need to lose lots more weight. Hubby has had heart problems, so it will help him too.

Good luck to everyone.

Hippo

• posted by Debsym62
    on

Good luck, I have been on it one week feeling good so far. Once your head is in the right place it is easier.

• posted by Hippo100
    on

Thanks for your encouragement Debsym62. We are looking forward to doing it.

Hippo

• posted by Citykittie78
    on

Anyone in Australia looking for the book – I got my copy at Kmart for around $20.

• posted by Ausmike
    on

Got mine at Big W for $16

• posted by Hippo100
    on

Well we are on day 4 and I am pleased to say, that hubby and I have lost 1/2 stone each already!

Favourite meals so far are the No carb ploughmans, No carb bircher, Portobello toast with goat’s cheese and pine nuts (outstanding) plus had Sardine dip for lunch – very tasty. No issues with eating less calories. I actually feel better – no spikes in blood sugar. So good so far.

Hippo

• posted by Hippo100
    on

Day 13 and hubby has lost 12.5 pounds and I have lost 12 pounds so far. Nearly our 1st stone! Enjoyed this week the peanut butter dip – delicious and very satisfying. Mexi Platter was lovely, so too was the Cottage Cheese, Pear and Walnuts – very filling. Favourites this week have been the Mushroom Risotto – we added some chicken to this – very nice. Also enjoyed the Bolognaise too.

Noticed slight blurred vision this week – this is due to lowering blood sugar. Hubby had it the week before but it soon wore off.

Hippo

• posted by Wendy54
    on

Hi
    Can anyone tell me if there is a printable version of the 4weekneating plan that is at the back of the book. I am in a pretty intensive job and often work long hours. When I get home if the evening meal is not simple then I eat badly. If I had the menu plan in clear view and can create a shopping list from that I will find it easier to be organised and stick to the plan. I have purchased a digital version of the book but don’t seem to be able to print those pages. Sure they avsilable as download somewhere?

Thanks for your assistance
    Wendy

• posted by snackerlady
    on

Try here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3404259/Eat-beat-diabetes-just-eight-weeks-s-life-changing-diet-help-avoid-reverse-Type-2-diabetes-best-s-tasty-way-health.html

I have printed recipes from here. I have the kindle version of the book and found the recipes hard to follow and unable to print them. I think these are the same as the book but I haven’t started yet- i’m getting ready for Monday 15th Feb so just in the process of reading and getting organised 🙂

• posted by snackerlady
    on

*EDIT* These recipes are just for one week….

• posted by Hippo100
    on

Day 19 and hubby and I have both lost 16 pounds now ( just another day and we at are at the end of Week 3). Really enjoyed the Skinny Kedgeree, using hot curry powder and putting a little extra of this in – very hot but what a great taste. Tried one or two new dishes this week. We are not following the fixed plans but choosing recipes from the book and keeping within the 800 calorie range, occasionally going just over. Looking forward to trying the Lamb and pine nut meatballs on Sunday, plus for a change for lunch, think we may try making some low carb scones and having one with sugar free jam and a little cream – we’ll see anyway. Also branching out and making different low carb smoothies for breakfast.

Vision still a little blurred but from my understanding this should improve soon.

Got up this morning and actually felt and looked thinner. Hubby said the same a couple of days before.

All being well, after the 8 weeks, I will most probably carry on with this excellent way of life, as I have much weight to lose. Hubby will carry on until he is at his chosen target weight, then aim to maintain this. I am looking forward to my 3 month average blood test near the end of March and am hoping to see lower figures. Was 11.8 when I started.

Good luck to everyone who is doing this 🙂

Hippo

• posted by Hippo100
    on

Have recommended the book to 8 friends now, three who are Type 2 diabetics and others who just want to lose weight. They have all bought the book. Some have just started the diet and others are looking forward to doing so.

Hippo

• posted by Hippo100
    on

Almost at the end of the 8 weeks now. I am pleased to report that both hubby and I have now lost 24 pounds each – nearly 2 stones! We both feel much better. In fact I had forgotten what it was like to feel this well 🙂 Great news. Had my average 3 month blood test at week 7 and my result was 8.6 down from 11.8. I will have another test in about 8 weeks time (providing my doctor will do this, rather than at 12 weeks) and I hope by then my average is down to under 6.5. I understand from the book that I need to lose 15% of my body weight to reverse diabetes, which is about 42 lbs and therefore understand why I’m not quite there yet. Armed with better understanding of carbs, sugar etc, hubby and I are now ‘branching out’ and trying new recipes found in magazines and on the internet. We cannot thank Dr Mosely enough. Top man.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great news Hippo

Looking forward to seeing you on over the 8-week line and after’ thread on the Fast 800 forum.

Please log in or register to post a reply.