Thanks everyone

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

You didn’t know it but today has been a bad day and talking to you on here has helped me through it and to get my head straight.

I’ve been ok with the food. In fact I had to talk myself into eating tonight. When I’m really upset I’ve always gone one of two ways, eating everything or nothing. But today I’ve kept on plan.

Just to reassure you, it’s not family. But I got news this morning that really upset me.

So thanks again everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you had a really tough day captainlynne, but well done for sticking to the plan. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

• posted by Sharon
    on

Sorry to hear that you have had upsetting news. Big well done for sticking with the plan and hope you feel better soon.

• posted by Spirit
    on

((hugs)) Lynne,

Hope things seem better in the morning. x

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks everyone. Getting my head back together. Need a good sleep and should be ok tomorrow,

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

You are absolutely marvellous CaptainLynne. Praying for metaphorical sunshine tomorrow for you. And some of the real sunshine too. Rest well.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Julia. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Grandma48
    on

Hi captainlynne – you have been such tremendous support to everyone else, I do hope that these messages of love and support will help you. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully yours will run on a more positive note.
    Love and thanks for all your support to us all

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Grandma. It’s felt like being wrapped in a big hug so, yes, it has helped. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ A good (but too short) sleep and today is, as they say, another day ๐Ÿ˜ƒ . *wanders off, singing ‘Always look on the bright side of life’*

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Oh Lynne I’m so sorry you had to go through yesterday alone.
    Especially when I think of all the kindness and support you have shown to me over the last few weeks.
    Hoping everything works out for you
    Loads of love

Bill

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Bill. I have to say I didn’t feel alone because of the BSD family.

First thing yesterday I heard my friend’s mother has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It hit me badly because I’d known someone with that disease only last year ๐Ÿ˜ข

But I went out for a long wander to get my head back together and spent time with the BSD family.

Feelings not as raw today ๐Ÿ˜ƒ After all, not a lot I can do. Need to keep healthy to be strong for my friend.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to hear you are feeling stronger today captainlynne. Sorry yesterday was so tough for you, but you seem have come through the dark day and stepped back into the light. I know you will be offering support to your friend, so make sure to take care of yourself and use the BSD clan to sound off at when you need to.

• posted by NewLife
    on

Such sad news captainlynne, but I’m glad you hear you’re feeling better today. Sounds like you coped really well food-wise – good for you!

• posted by Shadow2
    on

Really sad news captainlynne, you have done well to keep to the plan. Take care of yourself. x

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks everyone. Keeping control of what I can helps in stressful times. In this case it’s keeping tight control of the food ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lynne, I’m sorry to hear about your bad news re your friends mother. I’m still trying to catch up with posts after two days on the allotment and today a mega cook.
    You are right about keeping things under control and it will help your friend if you stay strong for her. What a wonderful attitude you have, Lynne big hugs (( )) ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Judith. I remember once, many years ago, eating a pack of Mars bars washed down with Diet Coke while waiting for my mother’s test results. It did me no good, and didn’t affect her results. Lesson learned. Kind of. Now, on the BSD I’ve lost the taste for the comfort foods I used to turn to. As you so rightly say, I need to keep strong and to do that I need to keep healthy. Thanks for the hugs ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Please log in or register to post a reply.