Thank You All

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by lynxbsd
    on

Hi all, I have just joined this Forum to say a quick thank you, to all members.

I came across this site towards the end of January, as I embarked on my annual new year get healthy cycle, as one does.

I usually weigh around 12st-7 plus, at the beginning of January and over a couple of months of healthy eating (as I thought) and plenty of Cumbria Fell Walking, weather permitting, or a few trips to the gym a week, I manage to shift about one and a half stone of that. And feel quite good around April, when I usually settle at about 11st or just under. And then over the coming year put it all back on, repeat.

This year however, I made an early effort and my weight at the beginning of January was just over 11st.

By the way, I do not have any health probs, like diabetes etc, just came across this site as I googled health related topics in general. But did recognise DR Michael Mosley’s name, which did give the site credibility, and encouraged me to read on.

So I own up, I have been lurking/looking in on this site for months, reading all your positive post’s, and have been impressed the way you all support each other, well done. Taking all the tips I found useful, and following the links to other websites etc.

I have learned about carbs, and cut down on some and eliminated others. The best tip I found here or on one of the links, was to eat more of what grows above ground and less of what grows below, simple. I have modified my diet in general and got much more creative with it.

Result, my weight had dropped to a healthy 9st-7, at the beginning of this month, and is the still the same now.

Once again thank you all for the tips, this is a great site and I am sure there are many others like me, just lurking in the background, picking up all the tips and advice, you people are posting. Besides helping yourselves and each other you are helping many others.

Good luck to you all, and I hope you all reach your targets. Namaste.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Welcome and well done you. Always nice to hear of others success.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Good on you. Wishing you continued success🤗

Please log in or register to post a reply.