Terrible afternoon slump

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Caro
    on

Hi. Hoping people who are further along this diet could give me some tips on avoiding the afternoon slump. It hit me today day 4. It’s more than a slump. Completely floored me around lunch time. I put my little boy down for his nap and literally put myself to bed also. Couldn’t have stayed awake if you had paid me. Slept for an hour till son woke up. Could have kept sleeping though. Lasted till around 5pm and felt like i was dragging myself through the afternoon. I’ve had a go at this diet before and the same thing happened starting in day 4 and continued day 5. I stopped after that. Massive fail. I don’t want to fail again so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• posted by GemGem
    on

I felt that today, which was day 3, so I skulled several glasses of water in a row, went for a ten minute walk just to get outside and some air and had a snack of 6 celery sticks dipped in about a tablespoon of hummus, plus a cup of green tea.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

You keep going Caro, it’s not uncommon. At least, it happened to me, I took quite a few weeks to get over the slumps! Was difficult to even go up the stairs. Ride through it and keep drinking water and it’s well worth it.

• posted by Caro
    on

Thank you all for your replies. It is early morning in Oz and i must admit i am dreading the slump today. Yesterday i had my lunch just as i started flagging but it made no difference to my energy levels. And i walked around 3pm for school pickup. Dragged myself home with my daughter bouncing around. So unfair! Will see how i go today. Thanks again

• posted by Caro
    on

This morning i did the food shopping. Bought some English breakfast tea. Only drink herbal tea normally. So had two cups of black tea around lunch time and didn’t have the slump at all. Will do the same tomorrow to either prove or disprove my theory.

• posted by SaraMck
    on

Oh dear. I have had the same in the past. I think drinking water and or tea does help though. Good luck it is tough but it works. xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CARO i hope you get over this..i used to get it every day at 4 pm and it was horrible..not just tired but cold and feeling miserable and very very hungry. Since i started 5:2 and now BSD i dont get it..i think it stops when yr blood sugars settle down. I hope youve seen the end of it now x

Please log in or register to post a reply.