Ten days in :)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Calling by to introduce myself..this looks like such a nice friendly happy and informative place to be!
    Am finding BSD surprisingly easy and lost twelve pounds in my first week.
    Hoping to do 24 weeks..i think i read somewhere that you can stay on it for longer than eight? Can anyone tell me if thats true?
    Looking forward to making some new pals and having a good browse around xx

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Yowser49

Welcome to the BSD

Yes, there are a few veterans who have remained on the BSD800 well past the 8 weeks!! Check out the threads for ‘over the 8, 16, and 23? week line’.

As I have a lot of weight to lose, I intend to continue until I have returned to a healthy weight. Currently on week 14 (i think – lost countπŸ˜•) and it is beginning to feel like a way of life.

Glad you are finding it easy. I am sure you will make lots of new BSD buddies…this gang are so friendly!

Imogen🌻

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks Imogen for the welcome and well done on your success so far!
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for more info on bsd beyond 8 weeks! X

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Hello Yowzer49!

12 pounds in 1 week?!! That’s just miraculous! Have you missed your carbs yet? I struggle cutting out carbs but still managed to lose 6.5 pounds in 3 weeks. It makes you feel lighter too doesn’t it.

So far so good. What do you think?

Do people stay on BSD for longer than 24 weeks then? I mean, could you do this for as long as you like – without starting to gain weight because you are in starvation mode?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Nursebean! Well done on your weight loss! Yes it really is so far so good isnt it! Nowhere near as difficult as i feared it wd be. I am loving the full fat food life…after lots of years on low fat food!
    I’m not sure about what happens but it seems you can continue 24 weeks and maybe beyond if necessary,or return to 5:2 ( if like me its what you did previously)
    But still,one step at a time,one day at a time,and see what the future holds! πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ»xx

• posted by Nursebean
    on

It’s funny but I have found this pretty easy too. I love using MyFitnessPal and when I’ve finished for the day it tells me what I’ll weigh in five weeks’ time – it’s so encouraging!

My bad point is the carb count. I can’t go without a little pudding or snack of some kind. Hey ho!

How have you managed to do it so easily?! 😱

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I’ ve no idea Nursebean..i was dreading starting it but now that i’m on day 12 and have lost 16 lbs,i’m so glad i did.
    Keeping the carbs count very low means you dont get hungry( who knew?) ..also you lose the addiction to carbs..so its a win win situation!
    Still got a long way to go tho so i dont want to speak too soon..theres bound to be a few wobbles along the way! X

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Nurse bean – have mentioned a few times here, re your sweet snack: have you tried 6 baby plum tomatoes eaten really s l o w l y? 16 cals, 2 carbs.

Sweet and refreshing. πŸ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Got some Oppo Salted Carmel Ice Cream today – 77.3 cals and 6.7g carbs per 100g, so a 50g portion certainly isn’t a disaster, give it a go!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks SunnyB that sounds wonderful,will give that a try definitely x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Slight revision to the nutritional values, as I’ve just discovered what is on the pot, is different to what is on the website – cals 75.9 and carbs 7.4g. Still not a disaster for a 50g portion though, so no harm no foul – just thought I’d let you know. Oh, and you can’t taste the stevia in it either – actually for me, it could be a little less sweet, but it’s still yummy!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks for that info Sunny ..i think stevia is the only acceptable sweetener allowed according to the bsd book?
    Its all good! Cant wait to try some! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹ x

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Oh I’m SO disappointed with that Oppo ice-cream. I was looking forward to getting some when I discovered it is made with coconut oil – and I’m allergic to nuts! Rats!!
    I like the idea of the cherry tomatoes. I’ll give it a go! Thanks Igor xx

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Fab weight loss Yowzer! Well done.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thank you 1960! We ‘ll get there in the end wont we! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    Nursebean i’ m so sorry you cant enjoy some Oppo ice cream,i havent bought any yet but it sounds like a good little treat. We’ ll have to come up with something you can have for similar cals n carbs x

Please log in or register to post a reply.