Tasty Salad Dressing

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Crazeyme
    on

Please help me a tasty salad dressing. I love salad and will eat one a day, but finding a low calorie nice dressing has proved to be harder than I thought. Any ideas please.

• posted by Patsy
    on

For apple, walnut and celery salad, I mix half a teaspoon of salad cream (low cal because I already had that) a dessertspoon of natural yoghurt and half a teaspoon of whole grain mustard. That’s enough for 1 apple and 2-3 sticks of celery.

For coleslaw, I mix mayonnaise and yoghurt.

Stirring the dressing into a salad, rather than pouring it over the top or spooning it on the side means you don’t need so much.

• posted by Crazeyme
    on

Thanks! That does sound nice. Which yogurt are you using? Low fat or full fat?

• posted by Nicolaann
    on

Lemon juice, olive oil, whole grain mustard and black pepper x

• posted by Crazeyme
    on

Thanks, I am going to try this tomorrow

• posted by Patsy
    on

Crazeyme, I use whichever yoghurt I happen to have. Before starting the BSD it was always fat free, now it’s full fat or law fat, depending on which I could get. Can’t say I notice any difference in taste once it’s all mixed into a salad.

Please log in or register to post a reply.