substitution for coconut milk?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by gwynna
    on

Newbie to the plan- started today! Really not a fan of coconut milk, especially in the Bircher mix. Has anyone substituted oat milk etc for it?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Gwynne, I personally don’t use the recipes in the book, but I see no reason why you can’t swap one milk substitute for another. Just check the calorie and carb content in you chosen product, so you can calculate them in the bircher you make.

Do join in on other threads, the weekly one is a good one to be part of, as it’s populated by old hands and newcomers. Good place to ask questions and gain advice, encouragement and support.
    Best wishes and hope to see you out and about on the forum.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi Gwynne, I have used almond milk in Bircher recipes and it works well, so I don’t see why oat milk wouldn’t.
    If you need a substitute for coconut milk in recipes where the coconut taste is important to the recipe (eg in Thai curry for example), I have used evaporated milk with coconut essence before and it works well – a few drops of coconut essence per cup of milk.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Reported Markus as adverting

• posted by tinajcollins
    on

I’m not a fan of coconut so everytime a recipe (and it’s a lot!) calls for coconut milk, oil, flour, I have a melt down. Almond milk is the lowest calorie of all the alternative milks so I’ve been using that and tend to avoid recipes with the other stuff 🤣

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

tina, this is a very old post. I don’t know of any recipes on this diet that include coconut milk and you can substitute any other milk if they do.

Please log in or register to post a reply.