Stuck in a rut!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sugarfreequeen
    on

I started the 8 week blood sugar diet just over a year ago and lost 3 stone in the first 6 months. I exercise by walking 14 to 15 minute miles (depending how energetic I feel) and I walk anything from 2 to 5 miles everyday on top of my busy daily life. I have a fitbit and always way exceed 10,000 steps a day so I am fitter than I have ever been in my life. I test my blood glucose weekly and it has been normal since starting the diet and the last cholesterol test I had was perfect . I continue to strictly follow the principles of the blood sugar diet and I am sugar free, however despite all this I still need to lose another 2 stone as I am considered obese but the weight just will not shift. Any ideas appreciated.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

HI sugarfreequeen – I’m no expert, but I wonder if there is any value reviewing your calorie and carb intake? And how is your hydration? Think we all become a bit jaded and that’s when we get a bit lazy about the cals and carbs and things can slip almost without us noticing. Equally, we can become a bit complacent about hydration too.

Personally, when I have been struggling to get things heading in the right direction, I’ve found taking things back to basics helpful. However, I am sure that others more qualified than I, will be offering some advice too.

Whatever solution you choose, I hope that it will have the desired result and look forward to reading of positive results soon.

on

Hi SunnyB, Thank you for your post, it is very much appreciated and you may well have hit the nail on the head. I am someone who is never thirsty and I drink very little in comparison to what is advised. This week I have upped the water intake to just over a litre a day (WAY more than i’m used to) I will try this first and maybe it will help with some weight loss, then go back to basics if I have to. My calorie intake is ok and I don’t have any sugar, bread, pasta, potatoes or rice and I don’t eat much fruit at all.
    The extra fluids have caused some problems; at work my desk really needs to be moved into the loo and at home, my only wish is for a second bathroom! However, I’m assured that this won’t last long as my body gets used to the extra fluid (I do hope so!)
    Again, thank you for your advise.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on upping the fluid intake. I know what you mean about almost needing to be resident in the loo, but it’ worth doing. I draw five little cups and five little glasses on my kitchen notice board each morning and cross through them as I have a drink. You could do this on a slip of paper at work perhaps.

Some veggies can be surprisingly high in carbs, especially root veg, so worth double checking the carbs just in case. It’s so easy for the carbs to sneak up for unexpected sources, even when we are avoiding the obvious nasties.

Hope you get it all sorted soon – keep us posted.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi sugarfreequee well done on your success so far. I think boredom is to be expected after 12 months or so If not before! There’s a thread ‘7 days to renew enthusiasm…’ where a group of us, all a bit bored because we’ve been here a while, are posting tips and recipes just to get us back on track. Have a look it might just help.

on

Hi Verano, Thanks for that, I certainly will take a look and yep, you’re right boredom is an issue.

Please log in or register to post a reply.