Stomach cramps

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sarah306
    on

Please can anyone advise if they have experienced stomach cramps whilst on the BSD I have been following the diet for 9 weeks now and in the last week I have had really bad cramps, don’t know if this is connected or something else I should see a doctor about. Would be grateful of anyone’s feed back.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Sarah306 – I have had this problem, but mine can be directly associated with constipation. Could this may be what is happening with you? You don’t say if there are any other symptoms or not, but I would say if the problem persists and you can’t definitely connect it to something specific you can deal with, it makes sense to seek medical advise. It’s probably nothing to worry about, but always wise to err on the side of caution. Good luck.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi Sarah306. I’m afraid you’ll need someone more knowledgeable than me to offer advice other to ask if you’ve been having enough in the way of fluid and salts. You might also go to the search box in the top righthand corner. Just type in stomach cramps and it will show if the subject has come up previously in any boards on the forum. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Sarah306
    I’ve been eating this way since April last year and I can’t say I’ve suffered from stomach cramps and I can’t say I’ve seen it mentioned all that often on the forum (although that doesn’t mean that it isn’t there or happening).
    I agree with Marsie, more water and salt and some walking to get things moving if you are suffering from constipation. If this doesn’t help, please see your doctor.
    Let us know how you go.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Sarah306
    on

Thanks LindaA for your thoughts. I am thinking it is because I have not been drinking enough water. So will up my water intake over next couple of days and if this doesn’t solve it, I will check things out with the doctor. Thanks for your support. It really is great that everyone is so supportive. Thanks

Please log in or register to post a reply.