Starting tomorrow!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sweetpea
    on

Eek I’m starting tomorrow and very nervous! I am 30 years old, 5ft 1 and 9st 5, which is the top of a healthy BMI. I’d like to lose around a stone, but most importantly my massive belly that I still have, despite losing over 3 stone on Weight Watchers. My blood sugar is normal, but I am completely addicted to chocolate, to the extent that it’s really affecting my life and my moods.

I tried the Exante Diet last month, and just found the 600 kcal too restrictive, and spent 9 days feeling spaced out, hungry, angry, dizzy, faint and also had quite bad abdominal pain, and stopped as I was worried about my health. I am going to try the 800 kcal version on this plan for the first few days and see how I get on, but if it’s like previously, I’ll move up to 5:2.

I’m really looking forward to hopefully getting rid of my belly fat for good, and also getting fitter too, as I’ve already started the 30 Day Shred exercise DVD.

I’ve got all my fingers and toes crossed! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Squidgy
    on

Sweetpea – you’ve done fantastically already by losing 3 stone, and if you’re like most people who start this plan it will really help you lose that last stone and your belly! You’re still young and going to be slim and fit too. How lucky are you!

Good luck (& once you stop the chocolate I’m sure you’ll be amazed how much you don’t miss it!)

• posted by Sweetpea
    on

Thank you Squidgy for the warm welcome! It’s difficult for me to go against everything I have learned since I first started dieting at the age of 13. I have low fat, sugar free, diet, light, skimmed, low calorie, all drummed into my head, especially as I was a Weight Watchers leader last year! The plan did change my life, and really helped me to see the error of my ways with portion sizes and denial about my emotional eating, but it’s now time for me to take it up a level and focus on the nutrition and health benefits of the foods I am eating, rather than just the calories.

I am obsessed with my tummy, and was even considering liposculpture surgery a few weeks ago, until I came to my senses and realised that putting myself under unnecessary risk is incredibly irresponsible and lazy. If I want a bikini body, I’m going to have to do the work like everyone else! But I also want to feel fit and healthy and energised at the same time. I also suffer with borderline personality disorder which I am currently having psychotherapy for, and having a stable blood sugar will help with my moods too I’m sure.

I know I have willpower when the motivation is there, as I followed the painfully slow Weight Watchers plan for 1 year and 7 months to reach my initial goal. And part of my success was that every time I had a bad patch and fell off track, I got straight back on again as soon as possible. I know this forum will give me the accountability I need to keep me in check!

I’ll be back on here tomorrow to update how it’s going. I’ve had a carb overload today, like a last supper, so I’ve probably made it more difficult for myself! Here goes! ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Sweetpea
    on

Ok so I’ve had my first meal, the spinach and pea omelette, and it was surprisingly tasty and filling! I woke up this morning having started my period, and had to go back to bed with some ibuprofen and a hot water bottle for severe cramps. I was really feeling sorry for myself, but I am so determined to start today that nothing was going to stop me!

I plan to have the medi platter for lunch and courgetti with prawns for dinner, yum!

I’m so determined I can do this ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Great attitude Sweetpea
    you’ll find it a doddle as you have all the dieting experience, just need to fine tune the concept of not eating carbs and eating fat, you’ll find that a bit weird.
    I’m looking forward to seeing your progress reports.

Please log in or register to post a reply.