Starting tomorrow !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Seadog
    on

Hi everyone, I am officially starting tomorrow on the 80 cal plan. i will initially follow it for 8 weeks, but may increase it to 12 weeks as I have about 3 stones in weight to lose. As always, I’ve researched this topic to death !, but Michael has made it easier for us all, as he has applied his usual high level of commitment and enthusiasm to the subject. I am so looking forward to getting over the first week, which I know may bring a few physiological changes, headaches, hunger etc, but I know these will pass. I can’t tell you how excited I am to have finally found a plan that works and is based on sound scientific principles.
    I will measure myself tomorrow morning and then get going on a life changing revolution !!.

I’m looking forward to chatting with you all about the various successes (and problems) that you have had, have a great day, speak soon.

Kev

• posted by Seadog
    on

I meant 800 calories, not 80 ! That would be a little extreme..

• posted by Bill1954
    on

hi Kev
    80 a day !!! enjoy your grape 🙂
    Seriously, welcome to the forums.
    There are loads of people on here having day to day success with this diet.
    I look forward to you becoming one of them

Bill

• posted by Vivaciousviv
    on

I started Monday and am thrilled with my BS readings already. Headache is a problem but once drink plenty of water it goes away. I did 12,000 steps today. Planning is a key factor, I bought the ingredients for all my meals at the beginning of the week and will do so next week. I would so love to come off Insulin !

• posted by Seadog
    on

Cheers Bill, how are you getting on ?.,

• posted by Seadog
    on

Great to hear Viv, keep it up as it sounds that you’re going through the withdrawal that I will be, but it will be oh so worth it on the other side !. If this helps, I have a friend who is/was Diabetic (Type 2), and has lost a large amount of weight on this diet. He swears by it, and although he still has to monitor his B/S, his quality of life has improved exponentially. He honestly believes (as does his doctor) that if he continues with this lifestyle change, his diabetes will be reversed !. I’m pre-diabetic myself, just inside the danger level, and this has really shaken me up into action. Deep down I know I can do this, but I will have to treat this as a prescriptive diet, that is sticking strictly to the 800 cals, and eating very similar foods every day. It’s just the way I work, if I don’t have to think about food too much, such as its breakfast eat this, lunch eat that etc, then I will succeed. My daily plan will be eating the foods that I actually really enjoy, and nourish me.
    Breakfast will be a green juice with avocado, Kale, spinach and fruit, as this contains protein and hand on heart, I actually really enjoy it, as I’m not a big eater early morning.
    Lunch is going to be a salad every day, because you get more bang for your buck, lots of food for very few cals. It will include an egg for protein, and either chicken, Tuna or sardines for the essential Omega oils.
    Dinner will be either steamed fish or a piece of chicken with a mountain of steamed veg, I have to be careful that I fit in with the family to a degree (I have two teenage daughters), and I don’t want them to develop any weird eating habits, so as long as they see me with what they believe to be a decent dinner then all will be fine.
    Anyway, enough about me…

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hey Kev
    Coming up to 4 weeks in, last weigh day I had lost 15lb, fasting blood sugar down from 9.9 to the high 5’s.
    Never felt hungry but, like others, I have been feeling the cold.
    Just got some chickpea flour so baking flatbreads is on the menu 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.