Starting Tomorrow…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Juss_185
    on

Hi all,

I’m not diabetic, however I have been having a lot of gastro/ibs problems that have gotten worse since new year. This has made me anxious and depressed and I have since gained a large amount of weight. I’ve gone from a size 12 to a 16-18 (now at my highest ever weight of 14 stone!)

I want to try this diet to lose weight and feel healthier and better about myself, but I always end up falling off the wagon. I’ve never had issues with my weight before, I used to be a slim size 10 4 years ago ๐Ÿ™

Can I ask how you cope with this diet? How do you stop yourself from binging/going back to old habits. 8 weeks sounds like a long time when I usually fall off the diet by day 3! Weekends are my downfall.

I have a family wedding in August that I would like to slim down for, but I’ve been saying that since January and I’ve put on weight!

Please tell me I can do this and it will get easier!

Thanks x

• posted by Caroline R J
    on

Hi Juss

I am not die tic either, but have been overweight for the last 5 – 10 years. 5′ 4″ and 12 stone! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I was told about this diet by a colleague and said that at the end of the 8 weeks, they have just carried on as they have found that do not want to eat all the rubbish any more and have lost their desired weight.

I only started the diet last Monday and have to say have found it really quite easy. On the odd occasion, thinking I cannot believe this amount of food is going to allow me to lose weight. I have eaten foods I wouldn’t have dated pick up in the supermarket and have found they are actually rather yummy.

On top of the food, which is pretty tasty, I have lost 5 lb in the first week, so go for it, it is not as hard as you may think with a little determination and self control. If I can do it, anyone can.

Good luck

Caroline

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello Juss – I started this diet in January when a friend told me her mum had lost 2.5 stone in eight weeks! I couldn’t wait to get started. I am not diabetic but am insulin resistant and have been a serial dieter and tried slimming world and Weightwatchers without success. I am a slow loser but you know what, I have lost two stone since January and have gone from a size 16/18 to currently 12/14. I am still overweight and am still on the plan. I am hoping to lose another 21 lb. I have found this way of eating to be the best and easiest way to lose weigh ever. I haven’t eaten bread, rice, pasta, biscuits, cakes, etc since 8th January and haven’t missed them at all. I am vegetarian so it’s a little more difficult I think. Once you get into eating the right foods you don’t feel hungry! You will certainly be able to slim down for the wedding by August. Some people have lost a lot of weight in three months by following the BSD way of eating.

• posted by Juss_185
    on

Thanks both for your replies ๐Ÿ™‚ How much exercise are you doing alongside the diet? I sit in an office most of the day, so it’s hard to be active.

ClarinetCathy, I’ve tried SW/WW/Cambridge and none of them have worked for me. I’ll lose a couple of pounds and then have a “cheat” and put it all back on plus more!

I’m hoping to stick to 800-1000 cals per day (given myself a bit of a buffer!) and try to cut out as many carbs as I can. I’m also hoping cutting out the junk will relieve some of my gastro problems.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

The important thing you need to remember to stop you going back into old habits is the realisation that if you overeat, even binge on one day, nothing is broken. The diet improvements you have made to that point haven’t gone anywhere, and in fact most of those who have had a major binge session reported not enjoying it and really looking forward to getting back to the WOE. Just keep on keeping on, even if you miss a step once in a while. After a while you won’t feel hungry as others have said, and you will quickly learn the difference between true hunger and the carb fuelled cravings that many people call hunger. The largest part of my eight stone loss came on this way of eating, I am maintaining now on more calories, but still largely eating the same stuff. I just wish I’d known about the sugar trap decades earlier.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I work in an office too, my steps are far lower than many on here, even with going the long way round to the toilet and staff room. ๐Ÿ˜€ I get my exercise mainly in the evenings and walking at weekends.

• posted by Pancita
    on

Hello Juss,
    I have been doing this diet/way of life for 6 weeks now, my partner too. We are enjoying it. I wish we’d found it years ago. The fat that you are eating fills you up and gives you energy. Real energy! Fat is your dietary friend despite what WW and SW told you, you need food despite what Cambridge told you. Eat plenty of good fats. Enjoy them. Soon you will hardly remember what you enjoyed about carbs. Once we’d got our heads round the idea that cheese, cream, bacon were not The Enemy, we started to enjoy the low-carb lifestyle. I hope this will happen for you too, and you’ll not only lose weight in time for the wedding, you’ll feel a whole lot better in many ways
    My best wishes to you, P x

• posted by Juss_185
    on

Thanks for the replies everyone ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s great to hear so many success stories! Well done! I’veven only just started reading the book, so trying just to count calories for now. This has made me realise how many carbs I usually eat (almost every meal) which I intend to gradually cut down.

Today’s meal plan:

Porridge
    Soup
    “Diet” ready meal with a side of veg
    Babybel/yoghurt/nuts if I need a snack

I’m working on cutting the carbs, but this will probably come in around 900 cal mark. If I can stick to it for a week and see improvement I will continue. I need to do this!

Please log in or register to post a reply.