Started today (Day 1)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by dlish
    on

I’ve been following the slimming world diet and I’m not going to knock it but I’ve lost the will to live so I don’t think it suits me personally as I am missing my avocado, olive and coconut oil too much! On top of that I’ve put back on everything that I’ve lost in 10 weeks (only 7 pounds).
    I LOVE good fats and so I have struggled on a low fat diet plus I’m not big on pasta and potatoes so I have been eating copious amounts of pasta, rice and potato because I can and just feeling hungry and VERY bloated (not to mention constipated which my husband thinks could be the lack of fat in my diet).
    So I started today and have really enjoyed my meals. I have around 1.5 stone to lose but I’m healthy generally so I’m going to try the 5:2 as I think this will be sustainable in the long term for me and I’m really excited. I feel like I’ve always known that we eat too much carbohydrate but now I am going to try it.
    I have weighed myself this morning and will also take photos of my size as I am going to be weight training so hope to build some muscle too.
    I can’t wait to get my energy back!
    Note: Starting weight 165lbs (height 5ft 5inches, BMI 29)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey dlish – I’m not personally doing the 5:2, but am happy to welcome you on the forum and wish you well. I think whether you are doing to Med diet, 5:2 or the Fast 800, the principles are very similar and all are essentially low carb. If you make sure the bulk of your meals is made up from protein, fats and veggies you should be just fine. Avoid the ‘white’ carbs and eat other carb heavy foods with caution – legumes and pulses. Drink plenty to stay well hydrated and keep track of what you consume and your progress. Make good use of the forum, for advise, support and encouragement and let us all know how you get on. Good luck!

• posted by dlish
    on

Many thanks SunnyB! Pleased to meet you!
    Debbie

• posted by Wisper Rider
    on

Can I use part of my Slimming World diet that I use most days in conjunction with this low carb diet.
    Also 800 calories for me a 6′ 2″ male is not sustainable in my opinion so I’m aiming for slow and steady.
    I love the recipes so the food is going to be easy.

• posted by Verano
    on

This is a really old thread try ‘One Week at a time 29th October’

Please log in or register to post a reply.