Starting today

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by DianeS
    on

Today I am beginning the Blood Sugar Diet and I’m feeling nervous and hopeful. I have been following a low carb high fat diet for over five years and this helped me to lose 10kg and keep it off until last year when a series of family bereavements led to me falling off the wagon and putting most of it back on.

Managed to slowly lose weight again this year but now stuck at a plateau so hoping the BSD will get things moving again. I also found that my blood glucose was in the pre-diabetic range and with most of the excess weight being around my middle I figure that the BSD is just what I need.

Alzheimer’s disease also runs in my family and my mum was diagnosed at the age of 65. There is a strong correlation between blood sugar levels and brain health/risk of dementia and so that is another very important reason for me to succeed with this diet.

• posted by KJ77
    on

Good luck Diane. I am in week 4 and have lost 21 lbs and had my fasting blood sugar drop from 7.7 to 6.6 (still another 4 weeks to go). I have found just reading the forums really encouraging and has kept me on track when I feel the urge for a snack or reaching for something I shouldn’t. However what I will say I have not been hungry and have realized that when I do feel the urge to reach for something I shouldn’t it is largely due to being bored or tired rather than hungry so going for a walk or having a shower is an easy distraction. Keep smiling, and keep drinking water as that makes a real difference I think.

• posted by DianeS
    on

Thank you. So far it’s been ok today and drinking water does help. Hoping I get through the evening ok as I usually get bad food cravings in the late evening.

Please log in or register to post a reply.