Starting the Fast 800 tomorrow

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Juss185
    on

Hi All,

I put this in the Fast 800 board, but I think I should have put it here :s

My partner and I are going to try and start the Fast 800 tomorrow. He’s been a type 1 diabetic since childhood, so he won’t be following it exactly, but I want to stick to it fully. We both need to lose a couple of stone each in total (I’m 12 st 6 lbs/80 kg, he’s 16 stone/100kg) and we really need a kickstart to get us going and have more motivation. I know that once he puts his mind to a diet my partner can stick to it, but I on the other hand, always fail/sabotage everything by the weekend! 🙁

We moved in together about 3 years ago and in that time we’ve both put on 2-3 stone each by just being comfortable and lazy. We also live in the city centre, so restaurants and take aways are easy temptation for us. In this time I’ve gone from a size 10 to a size 14 and I’m really unhappy with the way I look. We’ve ended up throwing most of our clothes out or giving them to charity shops as nothing fits us anymore. I live in the same t-shirts and jeans every week.

I have plantar fasciitis/flat feet which in the last year has become really painful and stopped me from walking to work or doing much exercise at all, which I think has also contributed to the weight gain and makes the pain worse. My physio referred me to Slimming World, but I’ve not stuck to it at all! We also have 2 close friend’s weddings coming up next month and want to lose some weight by then and we would also like to go on holiday (I haven’t been abroad for 4 years) but we’re too embarrassed about our weight to wear shorts/swimming costumes.

I took the quizzes and my addiction to carbs and sugar is really unhealthy. I need to make changes now, before I put on even more weight! My main concern is that I’m going to fall of the wagon without my trusty sugar and carbs!

An example day for me could be:

Cereal or toast for breakfast
    Tea/sugar free squash throughout the day
    A couple of portions of fruit
    Lunch of salad or soup or jacket potato
    Yogurt

All seems pretty healthy, then as soon as I get home I binge on everything I can. I’ll have a family sized bag of crisps, packet of biscuits, chocolate bar, bottle of diet coke etc.

Any advise/tips for someone starting out and how to beat the cravings for sugar and carbs?

Thanks! Sorry for the life story, but I feel like I needed to write it down and get all my feelings out!

• posted by Yorkshire Pud
    on

I’m starting tomorrow morning too! Feeling really positive for this diet, which to be honest is unusual cos I am rubbish at dieting. Hope we can support each other along the way!

Good luck xxx

• posted by Juss185
    on

Good Luck to you too Yorkshire Pud! 🙂 I definitely need all the support I can get lol.

I’m going to weigh myself tonight and measure my waist (scary :-o)

• posted by Juss185
    on

Just did my first weigh in/measurements:

Weight – 80.2kg/12 st 6 lbs
    Girth (measured the largest part of my stomach) – 101 cm/40 ins
    BMI – 28.5 (female, 5ft 6 ins)

If I can get at least 6 lbs of in the next 4 weeks that would be a good start, but ideally I would like to lose a bit more.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Just185

This is difficult to believe from where you are right now, but within a week you won’t have to beat the carb cravings because they will be gone! It’s one of the many great things about this plan. I am going to be interested to watch you and Yorkshire Pud as you progress, stuff happens quickly and your thinking changes rapidly to amazement. Measuring is a good idea, the results shout at you.

Don’t be suprised if you have one or two rough days at the very beginning, it’s your body purging those CARBS. After that it’s a new world folks. Do drink, if in doubt drink…water.

Nettle.

• posted by Juss185
    on

Thanks Nettle 🙂

I know the first few days will be rough for me as can admit that I’m addicted to carbs and sugar 🙁 I’m looking forward to having them as an occasional treat, rather than constantly craving them!

I can’t get to the shops until tomorrow, so I’ll have to make the best of what I can get hold of. I should be able to get a pot of natural yogurt for breakfast and I have some apples and pears in the fridge. If I have time I might try and grab some nuts from the shop on my way to work. I have some full fat yogurt in the fridge, but it’s peach and apricot flavoured, so not sure if it would be full of sugar? Lunch will be a salad with chicken/ham or a soup from work (we have a restaurant that does fresh soups and a salad bar daily). Not sure what I’ll have for dinner, but I should be able to go shopping before then.

I’m already using my fitness pal, so I will continue using it to log my calories.

Hopefully I won’t be starving! 😀

• posted by Sandie
    on

Juss185,
    I haven’t found that I am starving. In fact for me since dropping the carbs I just haven’t had that panic need to eat and I am also drinking plenty of tap water. I hope you have a good experience.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Yorkshire Pud enjoy your journey

• posted by Juss185
    on

Thanks Sandie, that’s reassuring 🙂

I woke up this morning with a horrible stomach ache! Had an awful nights sleep as well because it was so hot. Gunna be a battle today I think! Fingers crossed I don’t go insane lol.

Good luck to everyone starting today 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.