Starting out .. finally a way of life which makes sense

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BootsEd
    on

After struggling to loose a hefty 5st i ready the blood sugar diet book this weekend. Devoured the book as it made so much sense to me after loosing 3st on atkins 13 yrs ago i am back up to 15st7 with all the negative comments of a low carb diet i gave up people were stuck to low fat and agrued with me endlessly when i said bananas were not good nor were carbs or sugar…. finally i hearing the world change to what i had always thought. Quick loss low carb low sugar approach i could cry….. i wish all those people who were so nasty to me could now see this reasearch and i hope some of them think ‘oh thats what debby said 18 years ago’ and i hope they rethink being so brainwashed by the low fat diet companies. I feel freed already and can no wait to start in 1 week. I am preparing for the next 7 days to ensure kitchen cleared fiary for food ready and menu plan. I can not wait to join all of you here already on my weight loss/ getting healthy journey.. bloods being taken at doctors thursday.. who knows what they will be. Hi all x x and thank you to dr moseley x

• posted by auntylil
    on

Yeah! Rock it. You’re in the right place now. I started last Monday and haven’t felt hungry once and I have lost weight and had to search this morning for a belt to hold my jeans up – I thought I wouldn’t even be able to get in them. A but headachy and weak for the 1st 2 – 3 days but that’s passed now. The book totally made sense to me. That was refreshing and also I thought Dr Michael isn’t on a massive ego trip like some other diet gurus.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Welcome to the forums ::)
    Just have a browse and read all the success stories happening with this diet.
    You’ll be gagging at the bit to get started.

• posted by lawnmower29
    on

This is such a relief to me. I have struggled with my weight for over 20 years and have had very little helpful advice from my GP.I have read and read, as I am sure many people have, about to lose weight effectively. I have for the last 6 years or so felt that my difficultes were insulin resistance related.I haven’t been able to get my GP interested except when I developed gestational diabetes with my second child. I had 5 miscarriages between my children and am fairly sure that this relates to polycistic ovary syndrome. My GP wouldn’t really engage with that either but after I insisted more assertively, she referred me to a nutritionist – except she didn’t really know enough about eating to balance blood sugar. So finally some guidance that really makes total sense to me – I’m not mad after all , phew! I am not currently diabetic but am about 4 stone overweight, 46, menopausal, undertall and if my quiz results are accurate moderately addicted to carbs. I really want to prevent onset of diabetes and now I really believe I can successfully get to a healthy weight. I am now passing the book to my husband, he needs to face up to his health too!

I am beginning the preparations today am excited and positive!

• posted by Metta
    on

lawnmower29 I am too impatient to be preparing so I dived into this Blood sugar diet this morning having read half the book and the recipes. Feeling a strange sensation that I know normally I would have filled with carbs in my stomach (hunger?) is now getting a lot of water poured over it. So I really think you are being intelligent preparing. I know I am so motivated I will read the rest of the book and will plan a few days meals in advance as soon as I get a chance. Feel really happy to find others on the journey to healthier lives.

Please log in or register to post a reply.