Starting on Sun 7th

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by WillotheWisp
    on

Hello All, I am staring on Sunday Feb 7th. (I have a pre-arranged meal to attend Sat, so feel its sensible to wait).I am following the 800 calories a day eating plan,using MFP to log my meals and among other authors Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall books to cook from,adjusting the carbs etc in the recipes. I need to lose 2stone 5lbs to reach a reasonable BMI.

• posted by Aliba
    on

Good luck WillotheWisp…..it’s not as daunting as you may think…..have a look at my post on what to eat if it will help….welcome to the club!
    X

• posted by WillotheWisp
    on

Thanks for the support Alina. Unfortunately I can’t eat eggs! Your suggestions look very interesting though. I usually keep a batch of soup on the go for lunch.
    I am lucky enough to know a farmer at a local market who sells his own ground linseed which I use every day on my breakfast too. My aim is to have fish twice a week, we have a new fishmonger visiting locally. Next week I plan Mackeral baked on fennel and gooseberries and a Morocco baked sea bass. Hopefully if the recipes work well I will post them on the forum.

• posted by WillotheWisp
    on

Sorry Aliba predictive text in last reply decided your name was Alina! Apologies.

• posted by Aliba
    on

Recipes sound lovely so do post them…..I’ll be bored and need a change of menu by next week!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Aliba, best of luck, I started on the 1st and TBH I was dreading it, but surprisingly, I haven’t felt hungry at all, and, touch wood, no side effects either.
    Hope it works that way for you.

• posted by Aliba
    on

It’s weird Bill ……I felt exactly the same. Didn’t know how I’d survive especially as I had absorbed all the advice about eating carbs etc.
    I’m a week in, lost 6lbs and feel brilliant. Haven’t felt this good since I was diagnosed. Sleeping well, eating well, wake up feeling alert not worn out, more energy, better mood. Have missed sugar, bread etc and no cravings.
    To be honest there hasn’t been a downside for me, I think it’s the best thing I’ve ever done and I love these forums.
    Lots of positive encouragement which we all need

• posted by Hippo100
    on

Good luck Aliba.

Hippo

• posted by hashimoto
    on

It’s not as difficult as it sounds! I felt hungry the first 3 or 4 days making it easy to drink lots of fluids but now I don’t even feel any hunger. I started the diet on the 20th January. A tip I would give you for the first few days is make sure your next meal is prepared as I found the hunger could hit suddenly the first few days.
    As you see the weight drop of and your clothes become looser it is much easier to be motivated.
    I also need to lose 2 stones or so. I have lost almost one stone already. I find I lose more weight on the days I have done more exercise – mostly walking and resistance work.
    So hold on to your hat and let the good times roll!!!

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Hi I’m a newbie, started on Monday 8th February. I need to loose 3 stone and I’m planning to follow BSD 800. Any filling low cal snack that anyone finds helps or should I just feel hungry?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hope it is still going well for you! I am now happy to say I have lost 19lbs since starting on 20th January and have a BMI of 24.5. Can’t believe it myself except my jeans keep slipping down. When I lose another 12lbs I will treat myself to some new clothes. I have chronic asthma and bronchiectasis as well as hashimoto’s hypothyroidism (which puts me at some risk of developing diabetes) and I have got to say I feel 10 years younger and much healthier since starting this diet. Can’t thank Michael Mosely enough.

Please log in or register to post a reply.