Starting on Monday – What's your best tip for a newbie

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by fifisoo
    on

Hello Everyone,

I bought the book about 8 months ago and got off to what I thought a very promising start as I read it from cover to cover, a first for me with diet books as I have about 8 but have never got past the first 3 chapters. However that was as far as I got. So, here I sit, planning on starting the plan on Monday, worried I won’t manage it but at least I have sought out and joined the site whichi is another step in the right direction.

Any tips to help me get off to a good start would be very gratefully received!

Also, where do you guys buy your flaxseed? I live in the sticks.

Thanks!

PS I have quite a hectic life, I run my own business which means I am away from home 2 nights a week and have 4 kids, 6 chickens a dog and a stick thin husband who has been the same weight since we met, hates vegetarian food and does a lot of the cooking.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Write a menu plan, know what you are having each day and shop for all the good stuff. If you are away and eating in a hotel / restaurant, view the menu on line and plan it into the eating plan.

• posted by Avila
    on

3days in after 2 weeks planning – setting menus, my choices out of the book and other recipes. Taking into account when I have time for prep work and when a reheated portion from fridge or freezer is helpful timewise. Shopped for the menu plan and ate what may be tempting to have around later.

And hang out on the forum to feel you are with friends who understand. A bunch of August starters can be found on the ‘starting tomorrow’ thread.

You can do it

• posted by SunnyB
    on

My tip is to keep some low carb nibbles in the fridge just in case you need them in the early days. I always keep full fat yogurt in the fridge and if I need it, I’ll have just 30g with a few raspberries as a snack. Remember, fat helps you feel sated and makes you feel fuller for longer.

Don’t stress if you are a little over the 800 cals in the early days, much more important to be sure the carbs are low and that you are drinking plenty.

Finally, be kind to yourself and don’t worry if you make the odd mistake. It will all balance out eventually. Hope to read some good results being posted soon.

• posted by Katherine
    on

I’m in control if I plan & grocery shop to have food at hand. Pack up small containers the night before work with weighed & measured portions of mixed nuts, yoghurt , hummus or cottage cheese. Chop up celery sticks & carrots , put in zip lock bag ready to take. If I don’t take my snacks with me I am doomed to reach for the biscuit barrels in the office.
    Flaxseed should be available at any supermarket.

Please log in or register to post a reply.