Starting on Monday 23rd May 2016

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Amanda61
    on

Hi, why you may ask am I starting on Monday and not today and why am I letting everyone know. Well I think if I am going to achieve this somewhat daunting task of only 800 calories I need to be organized. So I have been looking at recipes and doing the calorie math’s – I need to know what I will be eating each day or the “inner monkey” will start to take over and I know snacking will occur. I also want to share with others what I am trying to achieve. If I comment to friends that I need to loose weight I’m reminded that I am tall (?), that I am active, that I shouldn’t worry about it. However as each year passes I add another stone and this needs to stop. I think friends/relatives may stop really seeing you, so don’t really see the extra weight – or is it the failing eyesight!!!! I would so value your support and understanding as to why I am about to start this journey and in a way have others to be accountable to. I have 50lbs to loose and a lot to gain. I’ve worked out how to make sure I get to move each hour of my working day – which is sedentary, have downloaded a mindfulness app, and spent the past hour finding a Yoga DVD – so that I can gradually build in more exercise during my day as well a try to calm the mind a bit. If anyone else is at the start of their journey and would like to “virtually” buddy up that would be great, but also understand that for some this may need to be a solitary journey. I wont be online every day, but hope to be every couple of days. Hope to meet you all soon, Amanda

• posted by smith
    on

Hi Amanda I am starting monday as well as I have to cater for a family event on Sunday.
    Just now trying to figure out what the shopping list will be !! i have 70lbs to lose! yikes!
    you seem very prepared – I really want to start Monday so a lot to do in the next three days!! I will be checking in here for sure – so good luck !! I am a little apprehensive but really looking forward to it!!

• posted by Amanda61
    on

Hi, well I started in the 23rd and it’s been the start if an interesting journey. The first week I have lost 8lbs and other than missing a bit of sweet stuff I’ve been able to stick to the diet. It’s take a lot of forward planning as before I would have an automatic shopping list now I’m having to plan meals. I’ve had two small blips one when we went to friends for supper and I had some wine second one was a sunny day picnic with grandchildren. To better manage this I’m planning meals ahead that I can make the evening before. Haven’t used the yoga DVD but have been able to increase steps each day. How are you getting on?

Please log in or register to post a reply.