Starting Jan 22

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MrThinOnTheOutside
    on

Hi Allie, Hi Annie,

Firstly thanks so much on the salt recommendation – it was like a miracle cure last night after a handful of salted nuts. All issues completely gone now!

I’m definitely feeling a bit less ‘hollow’ today so maybe I’m ready to try a run again at the weekend – I’ll let you all know how it goes…
    Thanks again!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Welcome, welcome Candlelight, CC and Peonevie!

You are all doing so well! What a great idea, posting songs that fit the mood! On that note, I shall add the following …..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjzHMhBtf0

From the late 70’s/80’s … showing my age! πŸ™‚

Kazzee

• posted by LiJuSt
    on

hello one and all,
    I’ve spent some time reading through this thread,
    I started the BSD on Tuesday the 30th jan.
    I was referred to the practice nurse by my g.p as a random B.S showed very high levels.
    the nurse spent a long while going through the idea’s of the BSD……mostly new to me.
    however I downloaded the book and sent for the recipe book,to be fair I didn’t think I would cope,
    how wrong I was!…think of ducks taking to water!
    very early days I know but I feel a noticeable change in my whole outlook and energy levels.
    I haven’t missed the carbs and don’t feel hungry at all…so far..
    i’ll be bobbing in and out of here to keep up to speed with all your lovely motivating words.
    thanks to all….linda

• posted by alliecat
    on

Welcome to the forums, Linda! I think that you’ve picked a great
    newcomer’s thread to participate in. These lovely ladies are
    really motivated! I’m an “old timer”, but I stop in a lot, because
    there is great energy here. I’m looking forward to following your
    progress. Best of luck to you πŸ™‚

Hey, Kazzi! I’m glad you found your way here. Thanks for the
    musical contribution. Your rocker past is showing, my sweet!

CC W, proud of you for passing on the Doritos! I’m a hopeless
    laugher, and you gave me a good one with your musings on
    salt on the tongue….

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Allie

• posted by CC W
    on

Kazz – thank you for the song! It’s a great one! I’m so pleased that everyone has indulged my love of music by joining in.

Linda – I’m so glad you found us, it’s a gentle thread with lots of quotes, music & encouragement. I’m so happy it has clicked for you! It really does help when you feel that way. We’ve got this!

Allie – you & I are so obviously on the same wavelength πŸ˜‚ Thanks as always for joining in, knowing the right things to say & being willing to share your experiences. It helps a lot!

Today’s song – the George Michael/Elton John version of ‘Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me’
    Must be sung loud!

• posted by Candlelight
    on

Hi folks,

Tough, tough week this week. Too much to write here, so I have slipped. Hoping things will turn around soon.

🏈🏈 Always remember life without a struggle is life without success don’t give up and learn not to quit πŸ‰πŸ‰

Probably more apt for me.
    Yay six nations rugby starts this weekend. Have a good one Folks

• posted by CC W
    on

Hi Candlelight,

So sorry you’ve had a tough week. I really hope things get better for you very soon.

Enjoy the rugby!

Best wishes, CC

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good day, everyone!

Candlelight, sorry that you had a bad day. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and begin again with your next
    meal. No harm done πŸ™‚

CC, where are you today??? You may be right about being on the same wave length. I’m as passionate as it is
    possible to be about this WOL, but I like to have fun too, and that always involves a bit of self deprecatory humor!
    As human beings, I think we all have an unlimited capacity to see ourselves as ridiculous at one time or another.
    (why the salt lick tale sent me off into a fit of laughter) πŸ™‚ You may have to cover your well trained ears for this next
    selection for Kazzi, Songbird!

Kazz, some classic rock chick for you! This number is right up there on my “vacuuming” list:

Melissa Etheridge – “I’m the Only One”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CphbDRkZSo

• posted by Jim47
    on

Hi all,
    I am still on track being spurred on by the magnificent maintainers on here, you are all such a valuable asset to all the newbies.
    Question: I was thinking of making yogurt in an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker and I am not sure how I tell if the yogurt that I buy is “live”. Is there any brands here in the UK that would fulfil that criteria, I suppose that I could Google it but generally I get better results on this Forum. My next weigh day is on Monday, that will be my first proper week since Christmas (and cross fingers I have been good) so I hope that it will be at least lower than it was. I have done a copy and paste onto Microsoft Word of all the best essays on here about counting carbs and weighing everything to keep me on the straight and narrow, and so far it is working.

I have tried to find out how Mililin is getting on, anyone know? KOKO, Onwards and downwards.

Scotland were beaten comprehensively this afternoon at rugby but I will not use this as an excuse to pig out, and well done Wales for a great performance.

• posted by CC W
    on

Hi everyone,

Allie – I love that song, I can rock out with my guitar with the best of them (badly but I try)! πŸ˜‚ I love it when people can laugh at themselves, I definitely do it a lot!

All is great with me. I’m exercising every day sticking to all the rules & watching the non scale victories happen – my coat zips up!!!!!! Yay!

Jim – you sound really positive, I honestly believe that half the battle is being informed & forward planning – you use technology, I use a bullet journal but the results are the same. Keep reading the advice from the amazing maintainers on here & you will one day become one of them!

Today’s song – The Proclaimers ‘I’m On My Way’ ❀️

Have a great Saturday, CC

• posted by alliecat
    on

Marie123, this one isn’t from the “vacuuming list”, but it suits me well for the kitchen danceathon. Join me!!!

melissa manchester – “Nice Girls”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcE7Sg7z1xg

Allie
    xxx

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Hi @jim47
    Total Fage Greek yoghurt is live and, I think from memory, so are Yeo Valley and Rachael’s Organic.
    It should say on the pot that it is live but if you look at the ingredients the less there is the better. Total has pasteurised milk, cream and live active cultures – four different types.

Fage is my favourite (full fat obvs). I buy the 500g pot which is expensive at cΒ£2.75 a pot but it lasts me for lunch Mon-Fri with some raspberries or crumbled walnuts added. I always leave the paper disc on the top, after taking some out squash the yoghurt level and put the disc back. Doing this keeps the whey (protein) in the yoghurt more so that you don’t have to stir it in and lose the texture. But then again you might like the looser texture that comes with the stirring πŸ™‚

• posted by Jim47
    on

Hi AnnieW,
    thanks for the reply, can you get it in Asda or Tesco. I know it is expensive but on the off gridder’s type website or The Instant Pot website, they use it to make a lot more yogurt with few ingredients and you know what’s in it, and the Instant Pot has an auto setting for making yogurt. I will try to make some but if it’s more trouble than it’s worth I will just go back to buying it. After all it has to be good and cost effective or there is no point, also I just love the fact that full fat is back on the menu but having said that I have been using butter for the last 10 years after some comedian said that modern margarine is only one molecule away from being plastic. Knowing what we know now he may well have been right.

• posted by Jim47
    on

Thanks for the boost of confidence that gives me CC W, I will never give up with this WOE. πŸ™‚

• posted by AnnieW
    on

I get mine from Tesco @jim47. I am, at some point, going to try it as a starter for my own yoghurt. Just need to get on with it!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Now I’m YouTubing all my old faves from my youth! Thought I’d died and gone to heaven when INXS and I need you tonight appeared on Top of the Pops! Watching this nearly 30 years later, I still catch my breath!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C9BKJA_enGB655GB655&hl=en-GB&ei=pjt3WqSaIYfVgAbT5KzwBQ&q=i+need+you+tonight+inxs&oq=i+need+you+tonight+inxs&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.0.0l5.252368.265636.0.267513.46.42.1.15.15.0.514.8998.0j22j13j0j4j2.41.0….0…1c.1.64.mobile-gws-serp..19.27.4223.3..35i39k1j0i67k1j0i131k1j0i20i263k1.161.UALmt-v4tBg

Enjoy!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Jim47. Milalin usually posts on “Keeping Carbs at Bay…” She’s being sent out for dialysis. I’m keeping an eye out
    for her too!

Allie

• posted by CC W
    on

Happy Monday Everyone!

How is everyone doing?

I can’t believe I’m in week 3 already, the time is flying by & I haven’t been tempted once.

Things that have helped:

drinking loads of water
    planning my meals
    making sure I get enough rest

I have no idea on weight loss as I’m still not weighing but I’m definitely noticing a difference. My winter coat zips up, I have lots of energy, my fingernails are growing so fast (is that really because of this woe?!?!) & I’m just generally feeling very positive & being very productive! Yay!

Today’s song – ‘We Are The Champions’ by Queen

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good work CC. Hope everyone else is doing ok? I have a goal to lose 30 lbs in the next 10 weeks before I go away. Not sure if I will manage it but I shall do my best!

My song choice today is Don’t Stop ‘Till You Get Enough”, Michael Jackson…

• posted by CC W
    on

Hi Kazz,

As I am a HUGE MJ fan I am loving your song choice! ❀️

It’s great to have a goal, something to work towards! I’m sure you can do it!

We got this!
    CC

• posted by Jim47
    on

Thanks Allie, I will try to see if she is on there.

• posted by CC W
    on

I’m thinking today’s song should be ‘I Think We’re Alone Now’ by Tiffany πŸ˜‚

It’s definitely gone quiet. Anyway for my own journalling, if nothing else. Today I am thirsty, so thirsty. I’m not sure I can actually drink anymore water! Other than that, a good day!

How is everyone else?

Today’s actual song that’s kept me going – Toto ‘Africa’

Happy Tuesday, CC

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi CC W, I’d hate for you to feel alone, so I have a gentle suggestion for you. The 4 week challenges that are
    always going on can be a great resource for connecting with other members of the forum that are at all stages
    of their personal journeys. These threads are very active, and you would be more than welcome to join in at
    any time. The current one is “Keeping Carbs at Bay Over Valentine’s Day”. You may find it more stimulating
    than individual newbie threads. I know that I find it really challenging to follow all newbies that begin their
    own threads, as so often they only remain for a brief time. You’ve definitely got “the spirit”, so come on over!

xoxo

Allie

• posted by Jim47
    on

Hi all,
    I am finding that now I am back firmly in the saddle with this WOE, that the only thing that I find irritating is drinking at least 2 litres of water. I don’t like drinking very cold water so I leave my bottle on the worktop but even with a sprinkle of lemon juice it is not my favourite. I used to drink fizzy water but that generates too many empty plastic bottles and I know that they can be recycled but I am ashamed at the amount of waste that I have to send to landfill because of packaging that can’t be recycled and I think that governments don’t enforce legislation enough to make manufacturers slim down packaging and make it more recyclable. [Rant mode off]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfFPMlvLSHU All Right Now-Free.

Here is a song to blow the cobwebs away, on of my all time favourites from the seventies. This has to be played at full volume.
    Have a good day, Jim.

• posted by marie123
    on

I’ve been computer-less for a while so I’m still trying to catch up with the different threads. It’s gone very quiet, hope everyone is still going OK. As Allie said earlier if anyone wants company on their BSD journey, you’d be very welcome on the 4 week Challenge (or any other thread). The next one starts next Tuesday, and starts ‘Success in March…’.
    Jim47 – love that song!

Please log in or register to post a reply.