starting BSD tomorrow

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kassa81
    on

hi all,
    I am 35 and have a 2 year old. I have had type 2 diabetes now for 17 years and been on insulin for 10 years. I have been trying a few different diets but never seem to have success. My goal is to stop taking insulin and cure my diabetes. I am also trying to get pregnant again but would like to be less weight and healthier.
    I am terrified about this diet but even more terrified that i won’t see my little angel grow up.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi
    the book does say that if you are taking insulin, to consult with your GP before starting.
    This is in case your sugar levels go too low, your insulin would need to be gradually reduced in that case.
    This diet does work, I’ve lost 2.5 stones in 13 weeks and I’m a long term diabetic. My last HbA1c tests showed my sugar levels tyo be in pre diabetic range after just 4 weeks on the plan and I have now stopped all medication and hoping to be pronounced non diabetic in September.
    Stick to the plan and it will work.

• posted by Kassa81
    on

Thanks for the reply bill ๐Ÿ™‚
    I am pretty good at guaging my insulin requirement ๐Ÿ™‚ i will keep a close eye on my bsl while i am on the 800calories a day ๐Ÿ™‚
    Kassa

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Sounds like you’re all ready for this Kassa
    Best of luck and if you have any questions or problems, just give a shout ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Kassa81
    Welcome. You are wanting this for all the right reasons, but you really must talk to your GP & at least give him/her chance to fully support you. Taking insulin makes a difference. See page 117 in the BSD book & dr Mosley’s advice.
    You can do this but be safe. See posting by BSD on Forum – Starting the BSD, Topic – WARNING, on 7.5.16 re Ketoacidosis.
    Looking forward to your posts.

• posted by Kassa81
    on

Thanks Bill1954 and Eureka for your responses ๐Ÿ™‚
    day 1 is almost over and i have managed to eat well with no junk food at all, not even a cup of tea!
    i really want to make it through the 8 weeks so will be looking at the recipes soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.