Starting BSD tomorrow and slightly nervous…….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by xrachelx
    on

Hi everyone
    So I’m starting the diet tomorrow but I’m a little confused. 800cal per day I understand but I’m not really sure what I should and shouldn’t be eating? No whites. Or Browns. More veg, more olive oil, more protein but how should I limit my fat intake each day? Is there a max for any food group I should really stick to to get the best benefits? I’m currently 17 stone and want to get down to 13 stone (eventually). I was hoping for an easy diet where I don’t have to sum things up each time I eat?
    For instance…..can I eat baked beans (when I eat ham and egg)?
    Any advice would be wonderful thank you xxx

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi xrachelx

Welcome to the BSD800!

First thing to learn is good fat is good, so full fat yogurt, milk, cream, olive oil, butter etc are all ok as long as you keep an eye on those 800 calories. These help you feel full and satisfied.

A lot of us keep an eye on our carb levels also aiming to keep below 50g, (personally I function best on 20-30g carb each day, some people need more),

Avoid all white carbs: breads, pasta, potatoes, rice. Avoid low fat/ diet foods.

Eat plenty of vegetables, above ground vegetables are best as have less carbs. You can include some beans, lentils, peas.

Drink lots of water, plain, fizzy, with lemon or lime slice…2-3 litres a day.

Some people use apps to record and calculate their intake daily. MyFitnessPal, FatSecret , or a calorie counter.

If you can, get hold of a copy of Michael Mosleys book The 8 week Blood Sugar Diet as it explains all.

Good luck🌻

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Yep, I jumped in two weeks ago. What Imogen said food wise. Also, I have found my mood has swung quite a bit and the hunger is variable but mostly I have been ok. Think this will improve even more as I get the food intake well balanced. So far the weight loss has been impressive. The portion size takes some getting used to! I just take it one day at a time. All the best to you x

Please log in or register to post a reply.