Starting BSD help

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SBB35
    on

I am mid way through the BSD book and feel really inspired by the science and success stories.Under normal circumstances I’d nip to the supermarket and stock up, but these are not normal times. I have a weekly delivery, and have a soup for lunch each day, its the Glorious Skinnylicioius Tuscan Chicken soup, would this be okay to have? I also have some small tins of tuna in olive oil, to have with salad in the evenings. Can I start the plan using these? The soup is 222 calories for the pot and full of veggies and some wholegrain.

Thank you very much, and help would be appreciated. I want to set off on the right foot.

🙂

• posted by freester
    on

I googled your soup. I’m not so sure about the soup description is ‘bursting with grains’ but the ingredients say Buckwheat and I’m not certain whether buckwheat is OK. Sorry not much help but I’d be tempted to steer clear unless someone has a better answer.

Edit: There’s also potato and added corn starch in the ingredients which you certainly should be steering clear of. And added cornflour and sugar. I’d give it a miss. Sorry.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi SBB – you certainly sound fired up and ready to make a start on the BSD to improve your health and drop some pounds.

Checked out your soup online and whilst it is quite high on the carbs, it’s not hellishly high. If you want to use it up, as long as you keep an eye on the rest of your carb intake for the day, it shouldn’t make much difference.

Going forward, it’s best to make your own soups, so you’ll be able to avoid the additions of things like buckwheat, potato, corn starch etc. That way you’ll know exactly what’s in the soup and can calculate the nutritional value.

• posted by SBB35
    on

Thank you! I think I will have a couple of practice days, use up what I have, knowing that moving forward its home made all the way!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

The early days are something of a learning curve, SBB, so just keep everything else low carb and you’ll be fine. Remember to include fats to keep the hunger pangs at bay and drink plenty, as good hydration is very important.

Perhaps think about joining the weekly and/or monthly threads, as these are great places to tap into experience based knowledge. They both have a mix of newcomers and old hands, so there’s plenty of advice, encouragement and support to be found there. I know you’ll get a warm welcome on either.

Please log in or register to post a reply.