Starting April 1st!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by spicycoffee
    on

Have previously done the BDS for 2 weeks but am lacking motivation to restart! So thought I’d get on here and find some buddies. I am re-starting on the 1st of April to give a little time to re-read the book and get prepared. I’m aiming to have 200 cals for breakfast and again for lunch, saving 400 for dinner or skip breakfast and 400 each meal.
    Looking for some breakfast inspiration too as eggs get a little tiresome!
    Good luck! 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi spicycoffee – hope you manage to muster the motivation for your restart. My advise would be not to procrastinate and just get started as soon as possible – why not next Monday? The sooner you start, the sooner you will be seeing results and there is nothing like results for keeping you motivated.

I’d offer to join you on your journey, but I’m nearing maintenance and will be out of the loop on a long vacation, from 9th April, but why not have a look around on existing threads, to see who you can join up with. There’s a new four week challenge starting – the title has Hot Cross Buns in it – and I know they would be happy to have you along. Everyone is friendly and helpful on here, so make good use of the forum for advise and support and don’t be frightened to join existing threads.

If I eat breakfast, it tends to be full fat greek yogurt with various toppings – berries, seeds, nuts, cacao nibs, powdered raspberries, etc. I keep a selection available so I can mix and match. If I don’t eat until lunchtime, it’s usually a small salad with a protein- meat, cheese of fish, or perhaps homemade almond crackers with cheese, maybe eggs. I try to ring the changes to avoid boredom. I find keeping things simple the best way to go.

Good luck with your new start and I hope you will be able to stay with it this time and achieve your goals.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I agree with the Greek yoghurt and berries also with a sprinkle of slivered almonds or chia seeds. Eggs can be a bit boring but not when I think I used to eat the same cereal day in day out. This morning to help me with energy for swimming is had 2 eggs scrambled with a little chilli flakes and a very small amount of grated cheddar cheese. Another day I will have grilled mushrooms topped with a poached egg. Just to mix it up I have the no-carb bircher from the book but with 10g of oats, sultanas, apple juice (less than the recipes says) a dollop of Greek yoghurt and some crushed walnuts. Now and then I make a smoothie with raspberries, spinach, almond milk and either chia or linseed seeds. Every Sunday I have an English breakfast with fried eggs, beans or tomatoes, mushrooms fried in butter and 3 rashers of bacon grilled. So much more variety than my old diet.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi SunnyB

That’s great you are approaching maintenance. I have lost nearly 2kg overnight. What the…… Very happy though.

I wonder if you would be so kind as to share your recipe for almond meal crackers? That would be great.

Thanks so much.

Bigeater

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Big Eater – I’ve already posted the recipe on this site – Snappy Almond Crackers – you can use the search box in the top right corner of the page to search for them.

Having made them several times, I now roll out half the dough between two sheets of non-stick parchment, so that I can roll it really thin. Then I score to rolled dough and slide the parchment on to a baking sheet and bake, keeping an eye on it, as it will brown quite quickly. Rolling this way, I can pretty much double the number of crackers produced, so of course this reduces the cals/carbs per cracker.

So far, I have made them adding herbs, nigella seeds, poppy seeds, raspberry powder, caraway seeds – really you could make them with all kinds of added flavourings. I have also swapped out oil for butter and also made them with one whole large egg instead of just egg white. Obviously if you make tweaks like this, you need to recalculate the cals and carbs. They keep fantastically well in an airtight container as well, which means little wastage.

Hope you enjoy!

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi Sunny B. Thanks for the tips and info on your crackers. I will be definitely giving them a go.

Please log in or register to post a reply.