Started on Monday so I am two days in…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fluff
    on

Hi,
    I am two days in to this plan now. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts on the forum for the inspiration to start it. I have read and read lots of posts to motivate myself and so I thought I should put myself out there too! I met my lovely partner last summer weighing 126 pounds and have managed to put on just over 2 stones (28 pounds) in the intervening months. This due to being so happy and eating lots of cake and chocolate and cooking lots of lovely meals with him so not all bad! However, most of this weight is around my stomach and waist and I have been feeling really yuk about it and how I crave food all the time and my clothes don’t fit me. Having read the book I feel really buoyed on by the health benefits of me losing the weight and also to get my head back from feeling forgetful and foggy – hopefully!. I am nearly 49. I am about 169cm and on Monday morning I weighed 157 pounds. There, it is now in black and white! I am vegetarian but I don’t eat eggs so I am having to adapt the diet as much as I can and also use Myfitnesspal app to check my calories. I thought I would try and post what I am eating in case it helps any other vegetarians with ideas etc as that is what I find really useful about the forums. I now have a family of 7 (myself, my partner and 5 kids) so I have to cook for them as well as myself. Let’s just say temptation is all around…….

Monday – Porridge made with water and splash of soya milk
    Big salad with carrots, cucumber etc.. and a big tablespoon of hummus

Tuesday – Stewed blueberries (just with a bit of boiling water – no sugar) and dollop of Total Fage Natural Yoghurt
    Homemade squash and chickpea curry with a spoon of yoghurt
    Big plate of steamed broccolli, spinach and asparagus (cooked with olive oil in oven) and Tamari sauce

So far I am not missing chocolate or cake as I am in determined mode lol but only day 3…..
    I drink loads of green tea and water too.
    Hugs to everyone on these forums and to anyone reading preparing to start XXX Fluff XXX

• posted by orchid
    on

Welcome on board Fluff and good luck with the journey. There are a few veggies on the forums, myself included, and yes – the diet does take a bit of adjusting especially of you don’t have eggs.
    I look forward to your posts and good ideas.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Fluff
    Get through a week without chocolate or cake and, it may seem unbelievable now, but your cravings for them will lessen and then vanish.
    Let us know how it goes when you post your weekly weight loss. Until then, if you have any questions, just fire away. The “BSD International rescue team” is here to help

• posted by MerryMary
    on

Welcome to the forums Fluff!! It sounds like you are off to a flying start! I am into my 3rd week and am feeling great. Not craving sugar at all which is astounding for me! This really works. Some days I may have gone a little over 800 Calories towards 1000 but overall you get into a rhythm. These forum posts have really helped me to stay focused and keep my “head switched on”. I find that way I don’t feel the need to discuss with others who may want to boo hoo the idea of “only 800 calories per day!” I’m 4.5kgs down so far and am starting to fit into clothes I haven’t worn for ages. Good luck and hang in ther with all of us here :-))

• posted by Steve T
    on

Well done Fluff! I agree with what’s been said about it getting easier the further you get into it. I don’t crave chocolate or cake at all and, most of the time now, I don’t feel hungry at all though I’m always ready for my meals. I could still murder a slice of hot toast though!

Please log in or register to post a reply.