Started 25 August – 41yrs + 4kids – 15kg to lose

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LiveLonger
    on

Hi everyone
    I’m a 41yr old mother of 4 young kids (9,6,2,2) with 15 kg to lose. I work full time and struggle to fit it all in. I had gestational diabetes during my twin pregnancy. I ended up on insulin despite following all diet program I was given. I was relieved when my test results were good following the pregnancy but the whole experience scared me. Since then I was diagnosed hypothyroid and have struggled to lose weight despite going to the gym fairly regularly. My diet has been 80% great and 20% terrible as at times I’ve made poor choices as a result of being both buys and tired.
    I started the BSD 3 days ago and lost 1kg so far. Thats very motivational. Ive tried a lot of crazy diets and never had that result. Im also doing a HIT program which is 20 mins per day for 5-6 days per week.
    I have booked a beach holiday at the half-way mark to keep me motivated. I need to lose 8kg by then to fit in my swimsuit!
    Looking forward to swapping success stories with you all.
    Cheers

• posted by Tabletalk
    on

Hi LiveLonger! I’m a mom of 4 young ones as well (11,9,6,6) and twins too! I have about 20lbs (I think?) to lose. I’ve started and fallen off the diet several times, but I really have faith in it that it’s the best solution for me. After just a few days on the diet, my skin clears up, my cravings die down, and I lose weight. I struggle mostly with busyness and keeping up with the pace of life, and just getting over the initial phase of needing to say no to goodies that are around. It seems like almost every day there are sweets offered to our family or present at every social gathering. I don’t keep treats in the house as of a few weeks ago when I finally had the courage to ask everyone if they’d consider keeping sugar out for my sake and just enjoying it when they’re out (and there are lots of opportunities then!). I have a beach trip coming up in 4 weeks too!! So I think it’s helping me to be a bit more serious about saying no right now rather than waiting.
    I began the 800 diet 2 days ago and have stuck to it well so far. I’m working out our family schedule this week and hoping to nail down exercise time. I love to exercise, but it is hard to defend the time to do it. I home school the kids, so we have very full days! I’ve been so encouraged by the forums lately and am glad to see so much optimism and encouragement here.
    Which HIT program are you doing? I’ve been alternating between Jillian Michaels DVDs, running through the neighborhood and walking, which are all fun, but I should mix it up a bit. I’ve literally been doing the same Jillian DVD for about 4 years…you know, off and on, not solid!!

I don’t have diabetes…yet…type 2 runs in my family on both sides: both grandmothers, and my mother. And I see how it happens: the stress and demands of life and the shortcuts of easy carb-laden foods which are fast, convenient and comforting slowly add to our weight and trap us in habits of eating this way. By the time my grandparents and mother were in their 50s, their weight was really high, and their addiction to sugar was pretty deep. I’m working at killing the monster cravings I have for sweets and making new habits.

You’re off with a bang it sounds like with exercise and all! If you can’t get to a workout one day, don’t panic too much…lots of plates to keep spinning here ( : Hope you have a great day tomorrow.

• posted by Kereru
    on

Hi there! I am 40 with two boys and have 15kg to lose too! I started 2 weeks ago today and have lost 4 kg and that is with the odd stumble of the wine variety… It is possible and having my menu planned for the week really helped me. Hope you go well I will be watching!

• posted by Tabletalk
    on

Hi Kereru!!

Well done! 4 kg in 2 weeks! Keep up the good work. Menu planning and keeping the house stocked with proteins/veggies and free of treats is keeping me going. That and some success! I’m down 3 lbs since starting last Thursday the 25th. And I’m just grateful for God’s grace in helping me have strength in the face of temptations. Praying I’ll keep my head throughout the weeks and not sacrifice the bigger rewards for momentary fleeting pleasures! I must say, I’m starting to feel like I’m doing well, and this is the point in the diet that I need to keep watch that I really am sticking to it and not getting too liberal with a pinch of this and a bite of that. I’m awful at nibbling and eating on my feet. REALLY trying to break those habits and SIT DOWN for all meals. It’s a challenge at home with my kids schooling all day long. But I find that we really enjoy stopping everything and sitting down together lately rather than me snacking on my feet and working through lunchtime while they all stop and eat. Somehow that became our pattern as they’ve gotten older and have had more work to do…

Anyway! Hope your week goes well!

• posted by LiveLonger
    on

Thanks for your replies!
    I did great in my first week and then I got sick and found it too hard to stick to. Im recovering at the moment and hoping start again next week.
    Hope we can all keep supporting each other!!

• posted by LiveLonger
    on

Tabletalk – I am doing the MAX workouts program. Its challenging but easier to fit in. I like how the workouts change regularly and the cardio is not too crazy. The books cost me about $50Aus. The books contain links to short online videos to demonstrate the moves.

• posted by LiveLonger
    on

Kereu – awesome start! !!

• posted by Kereru
    on

Hope you recover quickly! Thanks I did have a good start but fell over the weekend…back into it and hoping I have not put myself back to much.

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi there! Well done everyone.
    I am over in the First day thread. But also hoping to joining here as a bonkers mother of 4. 40 in december. That’s 4 plates of temptation.
    I probably have 60lbs to lose.
    Let’s see how it goes. Aiming for 800/50.
    Tattiescone xx

• posted by LiveLonger
    on

lol Tattiescone!! Definitely in the bonkers category with you 😉

• posted by LiveLonger
    on

Im sure we will all fall off a few times Kereru! Just gotta keep getting back up and hopefully the good days will outnumber the bad and the scales will show the results. xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.