Start Today!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mags Gardner
    on

Could someone clarify… I am about to start the Diet today and not sure about no added sugar vimto, I don’t drink tea or coffee and usually have a hot vimto, is this okay? Don’t want to start the diet and do it wrong…

Would love to hear from you to make sure I am on the right track… Thanks Mags

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Mags, This is only 2kcal per hundred ml so fine on that score. I think the idea is not to have too much sweetener as it makes you crave sweet things, but each person is different. Mum and I have sugar free drinks and have kept going fine, however we’re not diabetic, just out to lose the needed weight and slash the carb cravings. In fact SF vimto is one of mum’s favourites ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m just into week 4 and have lost 12lb 8oz which is pleasing, I don’t have as much to lose as some and have had a few slip ups as well.
    All the best!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Yes, Baristagirls is (are?!) right, this is the right nutritional info for Vimto – and also right that you could start off as you’re used to with it, and then experiment with, say, fizzy water and a bit of lemon/cucumber/mint etc to see if you can wean yourself off sweeter things.

I had a slightly different problem in that I took sugar in tea and coffee, and after having worked out how many useless calories that was (let alone useless refined carbohydrates), I gave it up. Just here drinking my sugar-free coffee now, and feeling so proud of myself. ๐Ÿ™‚

A number of people have said that after doing the BSD they don’t crave sweet things anywhere near what they used to, which could be useful for our lifestyle change in general.

• posted by Mags Gardner
    on

Thanks guys for the update on Vimto, really helps and well done for losing so much in 4 weeks, I hope I do the same, I am not diabetic either just doing it to lose the weight so If I lose as much as you have done in 4 weeks I will be really please… thanks again.
    Keep up the hard work… ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Mags
    Earlier in the year i did a sugar free diet for about six or seven weeks – at a conference I had some water from a jug with lemon in – it tasted soooo sweet I left it, as I thought it must have something sugary in. I tried it at home, water with just a lemon, but left it a while rather than drinking straight away – and yes, it really did taste very sweet.
    I’ve found I’m drinking a lot less diet coke than I usually do – I drank a huge bottle a couple of weeks ago, but other than that I don’t think I’ve wanted it at all.

good luck with BSD

• posted by Sandie
    on

I have just watched Michael’s blog. This was very interesting. He does talk about artificial sweeteners and I understand that they may have a detrimental effect on gut flora. If you would like to view his talk go to the top of the pages and click on “Resources ” (top right). The film is under the heading Michael’s Blog. It is most interesting and entertaining.

Please log in or register to post a reply.