Start of day three….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bongo
    on

Hi

Well here I am sitting in bed sipping hot water and lemon and hoping and praying that the kids don’t wake up soon so I can enjoy my, um, er, water!

I weighed myself first thing and have lost 3.5lbs so far which quite frankly I’m amazed at. I’m not diabetic but am overweight 5.1 and 10.9 as of today (does a little happy dance) and want to lose 2 stone and kick my sugar habit.

I’m having goats cheese and Walnut salad for lunch, followed by berries and yogurt then a book recipie for tea (meatballs or harissa chicken).

I’m about to go and make the kids packed lunches so gearing up for the first willpower battle of the day lol. Then it’s hi ho hi ho it’s off to work I go,

• posted by MooLoc
    on

Great loss – well done!! I’m on day 5 so just a little ahead of you. All the best!

• posted by JSR
    on

Great job Bongo!

I’ve just started day 4 and I’m down 3.1 lbs. so far and I’ve been feeling great. I have about 40 lbs. to loose total, but I’m trying not to let that discourage me. I’ve been following recipes from the book and they have been really good. I made the steak last night with mixed greens, and it was delicious!

I have a party to attend tomorrow night with lots of food and drinks that will be surrounding me. It makes me nervous but I will just have to be mindful what I eat and drink. I haven’t wanted sugar or carbs as much as I thought I would crave them.

So far we are doing good and the key is to stick to this, its working great so far!!

• posted by quercus
    on

Hi
    I am also on day 3 and have lost 3lb so far. I had a day off work today and found it a bit more of a struggle but didn’t stray! Well done on your weight loss.

• posted by Bongo
    on

Thanks for your posts and good luck with your diets.

Now at the start of day 5 have just done the morning weigh in and have lost so far a total of 5 3/4 lbs. I was actually prepared to have inched back up this morning as when I weighed last night I was nearly 3 lbs heavier. Lesson learned, weigh at the same time every day and no other!!!

I really, really can’t believe how much I’ve lost and am prepared to plateau at some point as some of this is obviously water.

I’ve discovered two book recipes that are delicious, the lamb and pine nut meatballs and the harissa chicken and today am branching out into my own recipes so am prepared for a lot of weighing and calorie counting.

I really hope I can stick to this for the full eight weeks.

🙂

• posted by quercus
    on

Bongo, well done!
    My weight fluctuates by 3 or 4 lb throughout the day so I always weigh at the same time. I’m on day 7 and have lost 4.5 lb but I really struggled last light as it’s traditionally our pizza and sweets night! I spent the evening roaming the house for snacks which is not a good idea. Cottage cheese and celery sticks worked well for a while but I was still very grumpy. Must be even more addicted to sugar than I thought. Feel better this morning though.
    Thanks for the recipe suggestions – I’m going for the harissa chicken tonight.
    Hang in there – everyone says the first week is the worst! We can do it.

• posted by quercus
    on

JSR How did your party go? I have shopping and lunch out with friends tomorrow and they like a bit of wine. I’m a bit worried!

Please log in or register to post a reply.