Start day today 800 help me not to fall off the wagon

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by caz1973
    on

Well today’s the day no going back i weighed myself this morning and i am 13 stone 10 (shock horror) don’t think i will weigh myself until next Monday morning. I have done alot of prepping over the weekend especially my lunches and put them in the freezer at work as it seems to be my downfall if i don’t take anything to work i will pop out for a sandwich but this morning i have had 2 boiled eggs, i have Spanish chickpea and Spinach soup for my lunch and for my tea later on i have skinny chilli and some steamed cabbage and i will have a long walk tonight with my dog. I see lot of people saying to increase there water intake is this just so you don’t get like the carb flu or does this help with flushing out didn’t know if it was just a myth and ideally how much do people drink of water in the day. Feeling motivated at the moment and organised lets hope it continues Happy Monday everyone enjoy your day.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi caz1973
    Hope your first day goes well. Extra water will not help with carb ‘flu, as this is about the symptoms of withdrawal from carbs, in the form of headaches, dizziness, feeling groggy etc. It is important to drink more, to ensure good hydration though and is vital to the body’s functioning well. I don’t think it is an exaggeration to say the majority of people are under hydrated – I know historically I certainly was. Be sure to drink a minimum of 2Lts and a bit more if you can manage it. There are conflicting views as to whether the fluids you take should be largely clear water, or if coffees and teas count in the overall intake. I personally count all my drinks – weak decaf with almond milk, herbal teas, tea or coffee with cream, plain water or water with a twist of lemon, everything.

It sounds like you have done plenty of prep and I’m sure you will soon be posting positive results. Best of luck for some great results.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi caz1973, glad you have started, as I said in another post you are well organised and that will go a long way to help.

The science of the water thing is that everyone should drink 8 x 250 ml glasses of fluid (as SunnyB says doesn’t just have to be water) but very few people do. The importance of water on this diet is that fat leaves your body via your urine so you will know when it is working as you will be peeing for England, or wherever you are. You need to replace this water. Water also helps you feel fuller but will not do anything for the carb cravings, you just have to go cold turkey and not give in. Drinking more water will help prevent constipation. While you are losing so much water and replacing it you are flushing minerals from the body and you need them too, so if you have any cramps, dizziness, faintness etc add a little salt on your food, just a little. If you suffer badly it might be worth buying some mineral replacements sachets (Diaorlyte is a famous one) but this should not be necessary. I personally use some pure salt or have a drink of Andrews Liver Salts (also good for constipation). Yes, you can still buy it. If you are in hot weather like England LOL, you might want to drink a bit more.

I always have a 1 litre jug in the fridge and try to always have a glass of water next to me. Enjoy.

• posted by caz1973
    on

Thanks all well day one is done and feeling good and found having a black coffee no sugar after my last meal has filled me up if I have a wobble I jus log into this forum to keep me motivated just reading everyones journeys helps thanks for all the advice it really helps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.