Start date 12th November, anyone else?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cannon
    on

I’ve started this 800 cals yesterday. Had dabbled before but had not committed fully. Have 28kgs to lose 🙁 Any tips and advice is welcome!

• posted by Eem
    on

Hello Cannon, I new to this but someone on here suggested you may be interested in being a diet buddy. I am an overweight OAP, have arthritis so am mobility challenged, on top of that under threat of being put on insulin, I have until January to bring my sugar levels down. Do you think we could encourage each other?

• posted by HeatherJane
    on

Hi Cannon and Eem. I started on 12th November and would like to share support and encouragement with you both. I’m 56 and have two stone to lose. I managed to lose five pounds during this first week and I’m flabbergasted!

• posted by Eem
    on

Hello Heather Jane, congratulations success feels good doesn’t it. I was just looking for a new recipe book, I have managed to loss 6lb this week and am really pleased. I need to loss a lot more than you though. I’ve decided to do it in stages fist stage is getting my blood sugar levels down, I have until 1st week in January to do that. Then I aim on trying to loss a further 5st. I am trying the low Mediterranean method, I have done the milk shake diet a long time ago and can’t face doing that again. I have just order a new recipe book for my kindle. Only 6 days in and running out of ideas. But more hopeful than I have been in years.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done Eem and HeatherJane for make such positive starts on the BSD. Cannon, I hope you too are seeing some positive results.

Main advice Cannon, is the keep well hydrated and keep the proteins and fats up. Also log everything consumed and keep an eye on the carbs as well as the calories. I find it helpful to weigh every day, as this keeps me focused on what it is I am doing. Finally, if you slip up, as we all do from time to time, don’t waste time and energy beating yourself up for the transgression – it just makes you feel bad and makes you more likely to do it again. Instead, refocus and get right back on track again. Finally, make good use of the forum, both for advice and support. If you want to find out if there is a thread on a particular issue, just use the search box in the top right hand corner of the page.

Good luck everyone, look forward to reading lots of positive results from you all soon.

• posted by Eem
    on

OK starting day 7. I am feeling very pleased with my self I got on the scales this morning and found I have lost 10lb since Monday. I did not have a good start either, made a few mistakes like thinking butter beans where good, and I eaten them a few times at the start of the week. But this diet seems to be very forgiving thank goodness. Not finding to hard either I am eating what I like as well yesterday I had a sirloin steak with mushrooms and a salad as a reward, and still lost weight.

Please log in or register to post a reply.