Standing every 30 mins

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Zara
    on

Hi,

I have just started and was wondering, how is everyone managing standing every 30 mins? I can get my 10,000 steps and I do strength training, however, standing every 30 mins is difficult when I am in work. Would not standing every 30 mins affect weight loss?

• posted by Avila
    on

Not heard any chatter about this, and I certainly don’t do it. I’m sure regular standing and moving is good, but not doing it doesn’t affect weight loss

• posted by Zara
    on

Thanks Avila:)

This is my first week into the BSD, so want to get the most out of it!

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

I have an alarm on my fitbit which goes off discreetly every hour to remind me to move. I look to get 250 steps an hour in when I can, although that can be difficult in some interminable meetings. Faux coffee/comfort breaks help. Getting the muscles warmed up and burning calories/fat throughout the day can’t be a bad thing. I used to play a lot of rugby and our coach always advised several shorter sessions of exercise rather than one big one as he said it improved muscle response.

I’ve also started trying to do some walking after each meal, following somebody’s advice, sorry can’t remember who. No idea whether it is doing any good, but I guess it can’t do any harm.

• posted by Frog
    on

I think it mentions this in the BSD book – it is on the first page of the “get active” tab of this website, and I have read about it recently, although that could have been an article elsewhere.
    There was something about standing when you take phone calls – and logically going to speak with someone in a nearby office rather than phoning, The flexibility for this will be limited by your job though – harder if you are a front of house receptionist!

I’m not sure it will impact on weight loss per se – but it will prevent you from getting stiff, being in a bad posture for too long at a stretch, and so on.

• posted by Zara
    on

Thanks for replying. I do have to walk around, and the staff kitchen is 2 floors up, so will have to several trips to the staff kitchen:)

• posted by Trelawny
    on

I seem to remember a recent diet program, possibly with MM, saying that men burn more calories if they go for a walk before food, women by exercising after eating.

• posted by Zara
    on

That’s good info:)

• posted by Lara
    on

Hi all – my advice is drink more water – I’m getting through about 6 glasses at work and I have to get up regularly for bathroom breaks! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Genius idea…..

• posted by Zara
    on

Yeah, drinking more water is definitely the way too go:)

Please log in or register to post a reply.