Splitting meals

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by feverdiva
    on

Hi All, apologies if this has already been covered but, do you have to split the 800 cals between meals or can you just have 1 large meal? I’ve been following the original 5:2 and usually have all my calories at tea time, was wondering if I could/should do the same here. x

• posted by MikeH
    on

Hi there. Since day 1 (6 weeks ago), I’ve split my meals into two – a breakfast of fresh fruit, oats and nuts/seeds (about 230 calories), then have an orange early afternoon, followed by the remainder of my calories between 6-7pm. I found that this is a good way to split the calories, at least for me anyway.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I never eat breakfast so stick to 2 meals a day and it has done me no harm at all.
    The only small problem I can evisage is, as your sugar levels go down, you may be at risk of a hypo at times.

• posted by feverdiva
    on

Thanks guys, I’ll have a play about and see what works best. I train 2 days a week so on those days it might be better for me to have 2 meals rather than just 1. I suppose it’s all a case of trial & error 🙂

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi fever diva
    800 would be a huge meal wouldn’t it??!!
    Good luck working it out
    Penny

Please log in or register to post a reply.