Soup help

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Rubytuesday
    on

Can anyone recommend any shop bought soups? I’m not massively keen on carrot and coriander… I’m 4 days in and lost 3lb and not feeling hungry, really enjoying it. I’ve had lots of time to prepare food this week and worried about when I’m in a rush and the potential to grab something bad, so would like some tinned soups in the cupboard as back up! Got 3 small children so am around food a lot 😕
    Any other tips also welcome – I’ve mainly been eating courgetti, salads, tuna, smoked salmon, eggs, natural tog, green veg…
    Thanks!

• posted by auntylil
    on

Hiya – like the forum name – was it after the Stones version or Melanie’s decades ago? RE: soup, I’ve often made homemade in a slow cooker over the years so that might be one option, and since I’ve been on the BSD I’ve tried Miso for the first time and added a few microwaved bits of veg from the freezer and a slithered up mushroom which is a very low calorie option. If you visit a wholefood shop you might find some packets that don’t have sugar added and a lot of carbs – I’ve yet to do this but it might be another solution.

• posted by FloraDora
    on

We often have New Covent Garden Classic Chicken Soup which is 213 calories for a half carton portion.

• posted by Rubytuesday
    on

Thanks for your help 🙂
    Haha the title was a complete fluke!
    I tried miso but I really didn’t like it – such a shame and very unlike me, there isn’t much I don’t like in terms of food!
    Do people have soups that have cornflour etc in? Maybe I’m being too strict?

• posted by Lolo
    on

Hey Rubytuesday,
    Do you have a spiralizer? I take a homemade fresh soup to work each day by spiralizing some veg – courgette, carrot, chop some cabbage/pak choi etc. I will also put in around 30-40g of steak. To flavour I add half a stock cube, a small teaspoon of oyster sauce & a small teaspoon of chilli sauce. Add hot water at work, leave for a couple of minutes & bam – soup. Literally takes me 5 mins to put together in the evening x

Please log in or register to post a reply.