Smoking

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GrumpyT2
    on

Hi all,

Do you think it’s possible? Been doing the BSD800 for about 6 weeks now, no major losses (about 40lbs to lose, 11 gone so far) but do feel better (my fasting bloods are down from 15 to 5-6).

My other great sin (aside from the copious amounts of bad food) is smoking. Can you quit whilst doing this diet? Can you quit period?

I know it’s the worst thing I can be doing (recently diagnosed T2, not happy about it), but having given up everything else I’m stubbornly holding on to it.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I think generally, it is best to tackle one addition/problem at a time. Personally, I’d give myself a bit longer before trying to quit the ciggies, having got a real handle on weight loss.
    Don’t talk down you weight loss achievement, you have lost more than a quarter of the weigh you planned to, so that’s nothing to be sniffed at. It might be taking you longer than some others, but you are getting there and your bloods are showing a really great improvement. I have lost slowly, but every pound lost, is a pound in the right direction, so I’m just plugging away and trying to see every loss as a good achievement.

• posted by GrumpyT2
    on

Thanks Sunny, I’m thinking the same thing, might just be one change too many at this point!
    I need to learn to take my wins (not my forte’), which the weight loss and bloods are – thanks for the reminder.

• posted by Dottyeel
    on

I think you should stop smoking while on the BSD.
    Get a copy of Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Revised Edition, read it & then stop smoking.

Why?

Because so many who stop smoking go onto have problems with their weight. If you’re tackling the weight now with a clear structured eating style when you stop smoking you’ll be less likely to head down the road of excess eating and bad habits or fall off the healthly eating wagon. The mindfullness you are doing now for the BSD will also help you after you stop smoking.

Yup I am an ex-smoker who read Allen Carr’s book after I stopped smoking and wished I had read his book first. It took me a long time to come to the same concolusions as Allen Carr and just stop. Food then came my next addiction. Had I stopped smoking & followed a way of eating like the BSD I know I would not have put on so much weight. Weight that I now need to loose 6 years later!

At least get the book…you have nothing to loose!

Please log in or register to post a reply.