Skyr vs Greek yogjyrt

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi all
    I wondered if anyone regularly uses Skyr instead of Greek yoghurt? Or if anyone knows a good reason why I shouldn’t? My question is because I simply prefer the taste and texture of skyr. I know we are meant to avoid low fat (and skyr is pretty much fat free) but in terms of nutritional info I can see very little difference between the two.

Skyr 100g 65 cal
    0.2g fat, 4g carbs, 11g protein

Fage Greek Yoghurt 100g 93 cal
    5g fat, 3g carbs, 9g protein

Yes there are differences but are these really significant enough?? I find Skyr so much less tart than Greek yoghurt and so don’t feel the need to sweeten it with berries etc. I can’t stomach Greek yoghurt with nothing to take the edge off. I get plenty of healthy fat elsewhere in my diet and don’t find skyr any less filling than yoghurt.

Would just be interested to know others thoughts?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

If you are getting fats from elsewhere in your menus, see no reason you shouldn’t use skyr in preference to greek yogurt, if that suits you better.

• posted by florob85
    on

Thank you

Please log in or register to post a reply.