Skinny Chilli

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi Everyone I have been on the diet for 3 weeks and 5 days and have lost 7 kgs. Yay. Almost half way there – to the end of eight weeks I mean. I will still have a lot of weight to lose. I swim 1.5 ks most days, I am sure this helps but will start walking as well soon. Feeling like it is less of an effort to get around. I made the skinny Chilli yesterday, it tastes good enough but the calories really put me off. Has anyone a suggestion as to what to eat for breakfast and lunch and still come in at 800 with a 490 calorie dinner?

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

Hi

Could you do brunch and dinner instead? Have a lovely cheesy omelette with a few slices of mushrooms? I’m sure it will even out so if you do go slightly over its still pretty much a low calorie day. I love chilli. I haven’t tried this one as I love the hairy bikers version so I just make it BSD friendly. It’s delicious.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi Thanks for your response, I think brunch is a good idea, if I can hold off. I am usually ravenous at breakfast time! But mentioning eggs has put me on the right track they are s o quick and easy and low in calories

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi bigeater, I was making the chicken and asparagus recipe for my lunch at 270 calories when I thought, this looks big enough for dinner. I asked hubby if he thought it would be enough for him (he is not on diet) and he said he would try it. It was just right as a dinner and if we don’t want it with salad we replace with cooked veg. I also leave off pine nuts which I hate so that brings it down to around 240 cals, leaving space for a night time snack (to prevent the Dawn effect) and hubby supplements with cheese and crackers if he feels the need for something extra.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi Sunshine girl, Thanks for your thoughts. I think I should change my name to little eater now. I haven’t tried the chicken and asparagus yet but it does sound a good idea for dinner if it is a bit more substantial. I do suffer from the dawn phenomonom and have yet to try a late night snack. My readings have made a recent plummet – it took nearly four weeks for a noticeable change but my fbg is still around 6.2. Anyway thanks for the tip and will give that recipe a go soon.

Please log in or register to post a reply.