Shakes?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by stealthstrawberry
    on

Is anyone doing this the “non real food” way? I’m thinking it may be easier to start like this. What shakes do you have in that case? I’m in the UK.

• posted by orchid
    on

I did for the first few weeks to break myself in.
    I initially used Boots own brand Slender Shake in the way that the Newcastle site recommends, three times a day with skimmed milk plus home made soup (they have a lot of good recipes on their site) or a stir fry. It was an easy way to slip into things, no thinking, and less chance of slipping little extras onto every meal. I selected the chocolate flavour as I have always found that it is one of the few flavours that actually taste as it should when in ‘artificial’ foods.
    The following week I dropped down to 2 meal replacements, and then 1 in week 3. Mid week three I stopped the replacements altogether as I was well organised – soup on the freezer, and had got portion sizes and not finding it hard to stick to the 800 cals/day.
    I also tried Oatwell – which I also got from Boots, lower calories (120) if you use skimmed milk, but higher protein. I used it for breakfast and the other 680 cals over the day. I suspect I should have used it with full fat milk and that would have taken it up to the 200 cals for a meal replacement. It was okay.
    This approach worked for me as a way of starting – I agree with Michael however, that it is best during the 8 weeks to get used to cooking the right food and find out how it will work in the long run. So try it for a couple of weeks.
    I had to order both through Boots online and get delivered to a Boots store as none of my local stores had them available.
    I have lost 12lbs in 24days which is above what I was expecting.

Please log in or register to post a reply.