Seven weeks and one day, not overweight!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Diez66
    on

Just pleased as I can be, from obese to, yesterday, day one of not overweight. P.S. not showing any signs of pre-diabeties either now.
    I managed it on one meal a day, always around 800 calories plus some exercise.
    I had trouble with my blood pressure as I was on medication and despite drinking a river each day, it plummeted.

Changed my medication and my weight stopped dropping for 10 days but I was no longer taking water tablets, part of my blood pressure treatment, so I assume that that was the reason.
    This part was so very frustrating as I was just sat there with the weight bobbing up and down, but never dropping below the lowest to that date. I was also getting lots of suggestions from folk saying that maybe I had reached a Plato and this was my bodies way of saying, low enough.
    I was never convinced that 800 calories a day was doing this but those siren voices were !!!!

This week I have had to go back on some additional tablets for the blood pressure, it started going up again, but still half of what I was on. I am still monitoring and still keeping my doctor work in work. It would be nice if I can manage on the lower medication but I guess time will tell.

As I posted on Facebook, I am “Chuffed to bits” and really want to say a big thanks to Michael Mosley and the way he has brought this and the 5/2 diet to my attention. I may become a bit of a bore with this as it was, for me, so impressive.
    Thanks to all in the community and MM from a, now, healthy weight Peter.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Congratulations, Peter!

Fantastic stuff – I know what you mean about ‘becoming a bore’, I don’t set out to mention the BSD but there are so many people who say things to me like ‘I’ve lost a lot of weight, but it’s the last stone/half a stone which defeats me’/I feel much fitter, but I’ve put some weight on round my middle and can’t shift it/I wish I could fit into size x clothes but….’ and then I find without even trying I start to say ‘well, you can do this if you want to, there’s no compulsion, but I can tell you how to do that’.

And then of course there are the people who don’t need the diet themselves, but compliment you on how you’re looking and you tell them why, and it’s their OH, Mum, Dad, Sister, friend that they’re worried about.

My stepson yesterday was asking me whether BSD had been translated into Russian as he’d been telling a friend about our success (I think she’d only asked how we were!) and she wanted to buy the book for her mother who IS Russian.

But when you find something so wonderful, you do want to share, don’t you.

I do hope your reviewing of your medications works out for you, and you get your blood pressure sorted. Your doctor must be well impressed with your recovered health and weight loss. Very inspirational, thank you for sharing 🙂

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi diez66

Ooh you are doing well, how long you been on the plan. Hehe I am also a BSD bore, for me it’s been a major miracle, and it’s hard not to want to share the info isn’t it. Keep up the good work, keep posting and let us know how you are doing. 😎

• posted by Diez66
    on

Just over 8 weeks now and still in the healthy weight range but now looking for wiggle room.
    I want to be able to have that feast day where you just join in the celebration without being overweight the very next day. I hope, with what I have learnt I can now be more careful with what I eat, even then.
    I have decided, even though the book suggests I may want to go to the 5/2 diet, to stick with the BSD for the final bit.
    I have made, a small, concession. If we are not out for a meal at night I am having something to eat midday, which is nice. It is nice to be able to join in with the other food monsters. They are not really food monsters but just sometimes!

Over a decade ago I spent the best part of 2 years, low calorie, low fat with exercise diet, guided by the British Heart Foundation, and I did shift loads of weight more, 8kg more, than I have in this 8 weeks but I did have more to go. I still never got down quite this far.
    I was lucky as I had read the “Pure White and Deadly” book so I avoided the sugar rich replacement meals and made most meals for myself. It was so hard and took so long but at the end, worth it. Took over a decade to get back to the cloths and belts being tight and within 10KG of my top weight which was when I decided to do this “diet”. The Diabetes thirst was most likely the biggest prod.

I am planning to go to 5/2 or something like, 6/1 or 4/3 depending upon how well I manage but until I get to the mid point in the health range, the BSD will do. I want to keep that fasting day.

Has it been hard? Sort of.
    The nice bit is that it is so quick and, if you are lucky, the obvious signs that something good is happening is a real plus.
    The fasting aspect is not hard at all, well after the first couple of days which the book said but was hard to believe.
    The weighing every day, love it when I loose, hate it when I don’t. I decided only to write down my weight when I either lost or stayed the same. Never could get my head around how one day you loose half a kilo and the next nothing. I am getting to understand that it is how it is, still weird though.
    The other thing about the speed is it gives less time for the doom mongers to hit you with the accepted “loose to quick…” messages and the “you’re too thin”; if only they had said to me, “You’re to fat” but they never did. Maybe I should..? no, maybe not eh!.

I have about 8kg to go now so hopefully not to long before I start my life diet, is that sad? No, it is good to have reduced my chances getting of several bad illnesses, it is good to look in the mirror and see a younger me looking back all be it with more wrinkles and grey hair. It is good to have reduced my hypertension medication by half, because that never happens but it has.
    Diez66

Please log in or register to post a reply.