Second eight weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Marjorie
    on

Has anyone else done a second block of the diet? I lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks then kind of blew the last 2 weeks cause life got in the way and I’ve put a couple of pounds back on. I’m not beating myself up about it but have decided to do a second block as I still have another 2 stone to lose 😀

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Marjorie,
    Have you re-read the book to see if MM makes any comment on extending beyond the 8 weeks? Might it not be better to go onto the 5:2 system whilst still eating the same types of food?
    I’m absolutley no expert on the subect but just wonder if 4 months on 800kCals is a good idea.
    The really odd thing is that I think it would be very easy to do another 8 weeks – I’m 6 weeks through the 8 and don’t feel as though I’m having to make an effort.

• posted by Desperate dieter
    on

Hi Marjorie
    I’m in the same position, just finishing week 7 and am determined to carry on. I’ve lost 20 pounds so far but have much more weight to go. If no one has has completed a second block of 8 weeks , then we can trailblaze and see how it goes. Good luck . Much joy

• posted by Desperate dieter
    on

Hi string breaker
    The book is a bit vague on continuing, it just says some people may have more weight to lose and may want to continue. I’m going to give it a try. The recipes are really well balanced so , if we choose carefully, it should be okay; and if it’s not – we can always stop! Have a go and see how it works. Good luck.. Much joy

• posted by Marjorie
    on

Hi Stringbreaker, I haven’t re-read the book but I do plan to, mainly to get some motivation again. I didn’t stick to 800 calories for the last 2 weeks so it wouldn’t really be 4 months for me and if I do find it a struggle then the 5:2 is my backup plan. Must admit I don’t feel as if it’s an effort either 😀
    I am going to do it again Desperate so let’s trailblaze 😀Good luck to you too!

on

Hi DD,
    In that case I might give it a bash myself once the 8 weeks is over.
    I hope to have just another 20lbs to lose after the first time round so I may be able to shift that on the 5:2 – I’ll certainly maintain the Med style food whatever.
    Very good luck to you

on

…and Marjorie

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I asked the BSD team about this. They said if I was ok and had no problems it was ok to do an extra few weeks then move on to 5:2.

But I have stayed on the BSD and am now in my 12th week (except last week was on holiday do just low-carb eating, straight back on BSD when I got home). I plan on staying on this for a while longer as I have approx another 56 pounds to lose, and lots of folk on here seem to be planning to do the same.

Please log in or register to post a reply.