Scales Stopped Moving After Day 10 (now on Day 12)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KnitYourselfThin
    on

Hi There,

I know this topic has been covered a few times before, but I’m posting because I’m a bit frustrated and a bit confused as to how this can physiologically occur. I’m someone who at my current weight would need around 2,400 calories per day to maintain that weight (a lot I know). Given i am sticking by the rules and following the diet to the letter, I don’t quite understand how the scales have not budged in the last 3 days. Are the people who say you can ruin your metabolism by going on a VLCD right? How is it possible that someone consuming a third of the calories they need isn’t burning something off their body? Where am I getting my energy to even type this complaint?

Is there a medical person associated with this program looking at these posts? I’d love to hear from them if they are. I realise that this program isn’t all about weight loss, but I am really just a bit flummoxed. Am I abnormal? Can I be sucking energy out of the air just through breathing? Should I be connected up to the National Grid in order to provide free energy to the nation?

Thanks to anyone who bothers to read this and respond. I’m sure we’re all going through the same stuff. Hope it’s going brilliantly for you all.

P.S. Just so this isn’t all complaining, I’ve lots 4.6kg in the 12 days & my blood sugar is down to 4.9mmol/L.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Whoa knit yourself thin, you’ve done wonderfully so far — don’t worry — it is the old fat cells hanging on with their fingernails as your body starts to adjust to the new food intake (they are pesky Devils) — I hit many plateaus so far in my twelve weeks but they passed and they will pass for you too. Ignore them. Carry on. Draw a veil over them. Stay on track — you’ve got this. By the way, in the meantime, could you plug into my power grid ๐Ÿ˜œ? Save me a lot of money!!๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

• posted by KnitYourselfThin
    on

Thank you California Girl, I appreciate your encouragement very much. It’s good to hear from someone who is much further down the track than I, who has experienced the plateaus but pushed on through. I shall keep on going, as I realise it isn’t just about weight – it’s about health and beating the metabolic syndrome and helping my liver and pancreas too. So many benefits to be had. It’s just confusing when your body seems to be defying the laws of physics.

With regards to the power generation service, I’ve already been contacted by my local power supplier, and they’re sending around someone to hook me up to a pylon shortly. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thank you again & well done on your own journey. 12 weeks! Amazing!

Please log in or register to post a reply.