Sam's 8 week journey

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Stealthdragon
    on

Hello! I’m Sam and my vital statistics are :
    weight – 73.9 kg (11 st 8.5lbs),
    height 161 cm,
    BMI 28.5.
    Waist 39″
    Fasting glucose 15.0 mmol

My plan is to post how I am doing each day, to keep me on track. I am expecting to feel irritable and tired after a few days but then hope to feel a lot better and more energetic. Consistency has always been a problem for me, in everything I do! And to make it harder (or more fun!) I have also signed up to do the Great South Run in October, 10 miles! Jogging is a very enjoyable form of exercise for me so hopefully that will help me to stick to it.

• posted by Avila
    on

Hi Sam,

Welcome, day 4 here and surviving so far! The thread ‘starting tomorrow’ has a bunch of us August newbies if you want to call in. And as you do your daily posts have a look at the diary threads of those a week or month ahead of us for encouragement….

The run is a great incentive!

on

Day 2

Weight 72.3 kg, down 1.6kg, blood sugar 13.5 mmol, down 1.5 mmol

Very pleased with this result. I stuck to the diet and drank my water yesteday. I did get very hungry towards dinner time! Did no exercise, today is a training day for the Great South Run so I will get some then, and plan to go for a walk later too.

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

Welcome Sam! I started my 3rd week!

You are doing great! You would be considered skinny in Chicago, NYC or Philly. Cheesecake, Pizza, and Cheesesteaks. Keep it up!

Every morning, say these 4 magical Humphrey Bogart words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plSKtjfSjrA

And another 4 magical words:

Live Long and Prosper!

PrincetonianStud

on

Thank you for the encouragement PrinctetonianStud!

on

Day 3
    weight 73.2kg – no loss
    blood sugar 12.3 – down 1.2 mmol

Ate very late on Friday evening, that might explain why no weight was lost. Very pleased that my fasting glucose is down too. I planned to do some training for the run but felt too unwell, something I ate disagreed with me. So two whole days of inactivity, which is not good.

An unplanned and long journey meant I ate lunch in the car, but was able to stay on track. I love the M&S pots of crudites! After spending so long in the car we went for a 35m walk and I felt great afterwards, fitted in a bit of HIT too and was dancing in the kitchen whilst cooking.

on

Day 4
    Weight 71.9 kg down 0.4 kg, total loss 2kg (4.4 lbs)
    Blood sugar 9.5 – down 2.8 mmol

2kg down! Yay! I am feeling great, much less fuzzy and have more energy. I hope that is the reduction in my fasting glucose level. That and finally exercising.

Off for a training run very soon – 15m run/walk. Looking forward to it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.