RESULTS AFTER 15 WEEKS BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

The results are in of my annual bloods (type 2 for 5 years). They’re all normal thankfully.
    I’m pleased with serum triglyceride of 0.93 (a year ago it was raised at 2.70) – just proves that excess weight is a nightmare!
    Serum cholesterol/HDL ratio is 2.5. Last year it was 3.6.
    HBA1C is 45mmol/mol – 6.3 (is this correct?) A year ago it was 57.
    There’s a note on the hba1c level stating type 2 general target is 48 to 59 – so am making an appointment for medication review. (I reduced the Metformin to half dose off my own bat).
    So I’m pleased with those. Very thankful that I discovered the BSD book – a new way of eating forever. 31lbs down and BMI down by 5 to 27. Keep on keeping on for now!!

• posted by Imogen
    on

Congratulations on your blood test results and for keeping on keeping on!😊

• posted by Leeanne
    on

The more I study my on line results, the more confused I get. Technically i’m below the level of diabetes, going on the HBA1C of 45. The lab report states 48 to 59 as type 2 diagnosis. It also stated individual targets need to be set weighing up the risk of hypoglycaemia against cardiovascular risk. Im struggling to see a doctor though due to lack of appointments. So confusing!!

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Very well done. I am just starting week 4 and adjusting well to this new way of living. Stating to sleep so much better!

Please log in or register to post a reply.