Resting Heart Beat and low blood pressure

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lonnie24
    on

I’ve read that the average resting heart rate per minute is between 60-100. Mine is 58. I don’t think I’m that fit. I have low blood pressure. Does having low blood pressure have anything to do with my resting heart rate?

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Resting heart rate varies with BP and I notice that often when Systolic rises HR can fall slightly. Mine is affected by getting over-tired and consumption of alcohol and is up this morning after a family party lunch yesterday. It went from 104/60 to 114/70 today. It was taken as always, on waking, around 0600h while laid flat after laying still for a few minutes. This is the lowest it is likely to be during my day and some would say it is a false picture. Others will criticise the use of a domestic quality device for measuring it, but so long as we accept it is a relative rather than absolute reading there is no problem for me. In Feb when I started my BP 128/80 and HR 60. Since then it has dropped significantly but was never all that high to me in the first place. Lowest HR recently was 44. We all vary and losing weight reduces BP and HR in my case, if that helps? I am 62 and not super fit.

Please log in or register to post a reply.