Restarting July 2017…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LynnyPinny
    on

I’m restarting the 800 cal diet today, if anyone starting or restarting would like to join me – I find that it’s a little more bearable with company! I did the 800 cal diet for 8 weeks in April/May this year and it worked pretty well; also, after the intial horrendous bout of carb flu, I found it… not easy, but definitely not as hard or as miserable as I would have expected. I am restarting today because I’ve put a few pounds back on since I stopped and to be honest, I preferred the way I felt when I was on the diet; right now I feel a bit sluggish and blobby and I’m sure it’s the carbs and sugars doing their nasty thing!
    I’m 42, female, I don’t have a huge amount of weight to lose and I’m not diabetic, just trying for a healthier way of life and to be the best version of myself that I can. Would love some fellow dieters along for the ride, if you fancy it! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by budgiegirlbob
    on

Hi Lynny, I’ll join you! Hopefully it’ll be easier with some buddies on board!

I’m 48, female, and would like to lose 3 stone (yikes!) before a holiday at Christmas. I’ve been doing the BSD for a whole 3 days, and have so far lost 4ibs, so am very happy with it so far.
    My main problem I think will be sugar cravings, although so far, so good with those. I’ve found it easy at the moment, but I am a bit worried about the next few weeks, when I have a lot of work on, and thats the time I tend to eat rubbish instead of proper meals (especially as I work from home, so can always get to the biscuits!)
    I think planning will be the key for me

• posted by ElizabethFlorence
    on

Hi Lynny, I’d love to join you. I’m a 62 year old 4ft 9inch female with 5 stone to lose. I’ve recently been diagnosed with Coronary heart disease and prediabetic. No other diet has ever worked for me beyond the first few weeks so this is sort of last chance saloon. Fingers crossed I’ll make it this time. By the way my starting weight is 12st. 3lbs.

• posted by Miaows
    on

I’m in too please. My first time doing this and a bit nervous. I’ve done low carb before and intermittent fasting but never the bsd. I feel posting on the forum will keep me motivated. I’m weighing in and starting tomorrow. Ideally would like to lost a stone before my holidays in 6 weeks. Good luck all!

• posted by Lessmuffintop
    on

Hi
    I would like to join as well. I started yesterday. I am only half way through the book and need some help on what I should be doing ! Hope you don’t mind !
    Lessmuffintop

on

Hi
    A stone would be great .. I would like the same . I so far have not quitecfathomed out what to do except to eat 800 calorie.

• posted by BarrelOnLegs
    on

Hi Guys, I am restating too. I did the 800 about a year ago, I stuck with it for 6 months. I lost 20kg and was stoked. I decided to take a break for a few weeks but would try and stick to the basic principles with a few treats here and there.
    6 months and +10kg (oops too much wine!) I am going to have another crack at this. I am in winter at the moment so would really love to have another summer where the heat won’t bother me because of my chub.
    I have spent the last month starting a diet every morning!
    At the beginning of this week I started this way of eating again and have stuck to it for 2 days (yay me). Have just had carb flu hit.
    I am 42 and want to lose 15kg to get to my ideal weight.
    We can do this folks!!!

on

I started last week as well.The amazing shrinking woman. My weigh day is tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

• posted by Miaows
    on

Good luck Elizabethflorence – can’t wait to here your results! I only weighed in this morning 13 st 1 lb. Ugh. Roll on my first weigh in. Today went ok I’m heading to bed soon – can feel some hunger pains. Anyone got tips to get through the night – this is usually were I wake at 4 am starving. Hopefully the low carb will knock me out.

on

Hi Everyone,
    How’s it going so far?
    I’m now 5 days in and have lost 6 lbs, very pleased!
    I’m finding it ok, not really missing sugar yet, which surprises me. I know I have to avoid it completely though, because I know if I have a tiny bit of chocolate, I’ll go on to eat the whole bar!
    Today won’t be too good for the diet though, as it’s my 20th wedding anniversary, and my husband is taking me out to dinner. I’ve already checked out the menu, and found some good choices, but I know I’ll be having a glass of two of champagne! Im just going to enjoy it, and get back on track tomorrow !

on

Happy Anniversary to Budgiegirlbob. Lost 3lbs this week. Not brilliant but not bad. My husband however lost 5lbs despite having Marmalade on toast for supper!! anyone else finding that drinking all that water makes them get up more than a few times at night?

on

Happy Anniversary Budgiegirlbob! Enjoy the Champagne! Yes up at least 3x last night! But loss of water means I squirmed into a dress I have not worn for 8 years!! Despite getting up so many times I woke up feeling full of energy!

I hope the weight loss continues and I fit more old dresses and I can reduce my bulging wardrobe to just one or (maybe 2 ) sizes rather than 6!

on

Well done ElizabethFlorence, 3lbs is s great weight loss.
    Had a lovely evening last night, I was very good with the food, and avoided all the bad carbs. I wasn’t so good with the wine though, which seems to go straight to my head when there’s no carbs to soak it up.
    Never mind, I only put on 0.5lb this morning, so not too much damage done.
    Does anyone else weigh everyday like I do? I’m thinking I ought to try to weigh myself less, maybe every three or four days, but I just can’t seem to walk past the scales in the morning without getting on them!

• posted by BarrelOnLegs
    on

Yeah, I used to weigh myself all of the time, then I started putting on weight so hid my scales in the garage ๐Ÿ˜† Denial didn’t work. I weigh every second morning now. Trying to not be as obsessed as last time.
    I agree budgiegirlbob that the wine hits you harder with no carbs.
    I have lost 2kg in the first 5 days this time, yay so far but still at that hungry stage.
    How is everyone else getting on?

on

2kg is good! I am 5 days in and lost about 1.3kg . I was very hungry last night and ate -oops another 200 cals-and probs made myself more hungry this morning so hung off till 11.30 to have my omlette.
    I weigh myself every morning and night-defo does not help ! but there is research that says either every day or regular weighers keep better control of their weight.

If I am still hungry today-what is a good thing to have?-ie not the marshmallows i had last night!

• posted by Aimi
    on

Hi all, I’m in too! I’m 31 with 2 young children and never managed to shift the baby weight. I would like to loose about 2 stone in the next few months.

I started this 800cal a day plan on Tuesday. This is my first time trying the BSD but I’ve done Michael’s fast diet before. I’m hungry quite a lot at the moment but lost 1kg in first 2 days which is motivating.

on

Hi Aimi
    Well done on the 2kg. I am aiming for 20lbs so hope we can keep each other company. -ditto on the hunger!

on

2kg is a great loss. In fact any loss is good. Repeat after me. Every day and in everyway i’m getting thinner and thinner. Incidentaly, my husband has fixed a full length mirror to our wardrobe door. Not a pretty sight when I walk past it in my birthday suit but one hell of a motivator!!!

• posted by Miaows
    on

I’m 3lb down 3 days completed. I’m very happy with this. I know initially the weight loss is good and that’s the main reason I started the diet. I’m the type that needs quick weighloss to keep me motivated. I though I would find it difficult but tbh it’s ok. Planning is key. Let’s see how the weekend will go. Can’t remember thr last weekend I didn’t have my wine. Determined though! Good luck all heading into weekend.

on

Well done stay strong over the weekend .. this diet really does seem to work!

• posted by CosmicGoddess
    on

Hi, I am in too! I am going to start today. I have lost weight and felt great on this plan before but keep falling off the wagon!! I would like to lose a stone. First, I need to get passed that pesky, initial half a stone that I keep losing and then regaining and then move forward from there!!! I am on holiday from work for the school holidays, so am going to use this time to get re-focused, absolutely 100% committed, get organised and form better habits, I know that this works and is doable, I just seem to be hell-bent on self-sabotage!! As well as being terribly disorganised with having the necessary food in the house and to hand. I used to have a pretty good exercise regime, which has completely fallen away as well so want to get that back on track. I blame everything on being ‘too tired’ or ‘not enough time’ but now I’m off work, there is no excuse!!! My plan is to go back to work at least 5kg lighter (the number off weeks I have off) and with a completely reformed mindset and habits.

If anyone has has had a similar experience and has any tips on how to crack it, any words of inspiration and encouragement are always welcome!!

I plan to use this forum to keep myself accountable to myself and to the others on here starting this week as well. And I am happy to return the service!! Let’s do this guys!! Onwards and upwards!

• posted by M1ke1
    on

Hi guys

Finished the eight weeks mid June and reached my first goal. BMI <30.

And my HBA1C from 7.5 to 6.4!

But need to loose another 5kg and been up and down since I stopped.

So looks like I need another round

Mike from OZ

on

Well done Mike. I have the same problem as CosmicGoddess – self sabotage and any excuse not to excercise. This morning I was going to go for a walk but as it is absolutely pouring down decided against that plan. Will I go for a walk later? We’ll see.

on

If anyone has the secret to not self sabotaging let me know as well …I have that same 1/2 stone … cosmic goddess at least it isn’t more?

• posted by CosmicGoddess
    on

Oh yes, Lessmuffintop, at least it isn’t more….

But since June 2016 to date, I have lost 11.1 kg and gained 10.1 kg, all in spells of losing and then gaining 2/3 kg here and there and am still around the same weight!!!! I could have been well at my target weight or beyond by now. I’m not sure if I should be encouraged by the fact this is possible or completely crushed lol!!

Meanwhile time is passing and I am getting older and fighting the body changes and spread that comes in mid-life. I’m feeling more and more like a heifer and less and less like how I have looked when slim and toned or the Instagram fitness models I sometimes have a look to for inspiration (the ones in my age-range, I’m not a complete masochist!!). Davina McCall is very inspiring as well.

Anyway, this self-sabotage needs to end and some serious ground needs to be covered!! Even just a loss of 1-2 kg makes me feel so much slimmer and better and more positive, so let’s do this!!!

• posted by annaberg59
    on

I have arranged clothes so no excuses work. I walk in rain. Try it and you will feel like a pro. I think the rain are tears I dont have to cry over my body.

Anna

on

I like that Anna tbh it rains here constantly so we would never go anywhere.

I drove to the swimming pool this morning full of good intentions to go to aqua fit but there was no spaces in the car park so I drove home ! Fail!

• posted by annaberg59
    on

So typical. Good intentions down the drain. But never give up!!! I like rain nowadays. I see it as one for me everytime I do some exercize. I live in cold area so my excuses are gone. Finally. Better luck next time.๐Ÿ‘

• posted by Cat1969
    on

Hello all I hope you don’t mind if I join you all – I’m starting the BSD diet today and need to lose about 3 stone. My motivation is that I have two years till I’m 50 and am fed up with being over weight, lethargic, and eating crap! My kids will have all left home in 2 years and I want to be happy with myself to start the next chapter of my life! Cx

on

Hi cat
    You are doing the right thing! I didn’t get myself sorted for 50 and regret it but am sorting it for 53. So far on this diet I have lost weight really easily. It is quite weird because I tried a protein shake diet earlier in the year and lost virtually nothing and it was torture but somehow this seems easier and the weight seems to be melting .

Last night I walked with hubby to pub 1.7 miles had a Diet Coke and an extra dry martini then walked back lost a 1 lb this morning !

• posted by BarrelOnLegs
    on

It is fantastic how many of us are giving this a crack.
    So confession time – on Monday the button on my jeans popped off ๐Ÿ˜† It was my clothings way of telling me to get rid of the weight I have put back on.
    I did so well for 5 days this week but then friends called in on Friday and oops, the wine again. Great fun night but back on it again today. I have managed to have friends over tonight to watch the rugby and didn’t have a drink (although I did have soda water and just let everyone assume I was on the gins, so I didn’t get nagged – that really sounds quite bad).
    Does anyone else have trouble at the weekends?

• posted by BarrelOnLegs
    on

Oh and Lessmuffintop I am so impressed that you walked to the pub! It is far to cold here to do that.

on

Yes don’t worry I wouldn’t do it on the winter! Dieting is much easier in summer for me.

on

Hi Everyone still going? I am super hungry today-for a biscuit! Lost 7lbs in total now but slow last few days only .4 in 3 days. I cannot quite work out the whole macro thing and if I am eating too many carbs etc -anyone got it worked out?

on

Me too, Lesmuffintop, I’m on day 12, and have found that I’ve been very hungry the last couple of days, with no weight loss in that time.
    However, I had quite a few calories left over today, so I made an avocado, milk, peanut butter and cocoa smoothie, and now I feel absolutely full to bursting! It was really delicious too.

I’m not particularly counting carbs at the moment, just concentrating on following the diet rules, but I may start to be a bit more careful if (when!) I plateau at some point.

• posted by Aimi
    on

Hi Lessmuffintop, I’m still going. I’ve lost 5lbs in the first week which I am pretty happy with. I know it’s likely to slow down now so hope I can keep motivated! Well done on the 7lbs ๐Ÿ˜„

on

Yes thanks to you both! Maybe I am too impatient. Hunger has abated tonight but probs only because I was a bit naughty and ate 230 calories more with a few wee treats but I feel better and I walked to the pub again so maybe walked the extra off. Glad you are still going thought it gone quiet!! I am hoping I can stick the 8 weeks so need the company!!

on

We’ll do it! Just keep thinking of the end goal. It’ll be easier if we can all do it together, it’s good to know that we can support each other

on

Hi everyone. Well today was weigh day and I lost another 3lbs so am pleased with the result. I’ve been reading everyone else’s comments and all I can say is well done all of you. I read a good quote today which should keep us all going – “When you feel like giving up, just remember why you started”

on

Well done on your weight loss , ElizabethFlorence, great result! And I love the quote

on

Weigh in day for me – end of week 2, and I’ve lost 5 lbs this week, 11.5 lbs in total. Very pleased, but expecting it to slow right down now. In some ways, I’m quite looking forward to less dramatic losses each week, as then I will know it’s fat loss, not water.

I’ve been very good this week, and stuck to 800 calories each day,. It’s not been easy though, as I make wedding cakes for a living, and there’s always spare cake and chocolate around!

How’s everyone else doing? Hope it’s going well .

on

That is brilliant well done water or not that must feel good! I was hungry so had a naughty day but reined it back in yesterday and am back on a losing streak !!! Last night I spent ages working out if I could go out to dinner and keep in the allowance and … I did it! I went to Jamie Oliver .. never been in my life.. and had less than 500 calories starter and main … to be fair it was not cheap and all in took me less than 50 mins to eat! Budgiegirlbob I am in awe of you working with cake and sticking to it I would have eaten a lot of icing by now!

• posted by Harebelle
    on

Hi, I hope it’s okay to tag onto the end of your group ๐Ÿ™‚
    It’s encouraging to read of your progress.
    I started yesterday, I’m 44 and put on 4 stone whilst my thyroid failed. Now medicated really well and feeling almost human again and keen to restore some kind of shape to my body, other than round!!
    Starting weight was 14st 7lb and so far have enjoyed scrambled eggs with mushrooms and tomatoes, and homemade quorn chili with a mouse-sized amount of cheese.

• posted by wibbly
    on

Hello – started the diet on 29/07/17 having bought the books on Amazon.Have just joined here to get some moral support. No idea what I have lost as scales are in storage whilst house is rebuilt – but trousers were tight on 29th and are loose now….Did Atkins a few years ago and lost lots but this looks a bit healthier – less encouragement to eat masses of fat, just what is normally occurring in food. Sedentary job + various injuries resulted in zero exercise and overindulgence and put me from size 14 to 20.

Am off for my warfarin blood test tomorrow – will get nurse to weigh me each time so that I can report on (any) success.

on

End of week 3 today, and I’ve lost another 1.5 lbs, so 13 in total over the three weeks.

I stuck rigidly to 800 calories every day this weeek, it wasn’t easy as my daughter decided to make chocolate brownies (they smelled gorgeous!), and my son made a key lime pie, which is my very favourite thing of all. Thanks, kids!!

• posted by Namum
    on

Hello – hope you don’t mind me joining the discussion, I need some motivation and inspiration and this seems the place for it. I started the 800 cals about 6 weeks ago and it has been a roller coaster with me losing 7kg so far overall but with two spikes in the middle in which I gained 2kg each time and lost a weeks worth of effort to get back to where I was each time. Tonight has been no exception as I was starving (and stressed) when I got home from work and hoovered up a carb feast for dinner with some chocolate and a muffin thrown in for good measure. Feeling very disheartened but don’t want to give up as it is really the first time in several years I have seen any results so I am determined to keep picking myself up and having another go, story of my life really… Anyway onwards and upwards (or rather downwards). I wish you all well on your journeys and hope to share it with you…

• posted by Ancient Weaver
    on

Hi Namum, welcome to the forums ๐Ÿ™‚
    High cocoa dark chocolate is not so bad, eat it slowly, savouring it’s chocolatiness, and you will probably not want or be able to eat a whole bar!
    Get some high quality ice cream, made with real cream, for when you need to comfort eat. Again, savour as you eat. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Squirty cream is fun as well as BSD friendly!
    When I want something more savoury, creamy cheeses, like dolcelate are my favourite indulgence.

For stress more protein is important, so a fry up, or a bbq minus the rolls, is way better than a carb fest. When life throws **** at you so you can’t be bothered with meal plans and calorie counting, just forget about calories and indulge in your favourite BSD friendly dishes in whatever quantity you feel like.

I stalled about a week ago, so (as I suspect it was from eating too little, sending me into energy conservation mode) I ‘splurged’ on fry ups, and high calorie creamy soups, and I did actually put on a couple of pounds, even though I didn’t eat more calories than I was previously stable at (adding to my conviction that I had gone into energy conservation mode), but on the plus side, eating lots and staying away from carbs got my body back to thinking it’s time to burn off fat again.
    In the last three days of going back to 800, I have lost all the extra I put on and another 3 lb as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Stick to the basics and you can do it too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.