Recommendations for substituting mushrooms in recipes?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Oxford_w
    on

Hi there, I’ve just started the BSD and notice that a lot of the recipes include mushrooms. Unfortunately, I am allergic to mushrooms! so wonder if anyone has any recommendations for what I can use in the recipes instead, that won’t bump up the calories/sugar content too much? Thanks!

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Oxford
    I haven’t really used any of the recipes – I just have things I’d eat normally, but cut out the bread.rice.pasta potatoes etc. I have been eating lots more vegetables though – generally at least 5, sometimes as many at 8 portions in a day.
    Today was going to be a veggie day, then I found a pack of snacking salami in Waitrose.

• posted by Oxford_w
    on

Hi, thanks for replying, I’m trying to use the recipes so that I make sure I get the right balance of everything, but will also take your advice and try some things I would usually make, minus the carbs! Thank you 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.